Voip.co.uk down AGAIN

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by David Floyd, Nov 21, 2007.

  1. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    Once again lines are not registering. Happened yesterday as well.

    Seems to be happening on a daily basis now - very disappointing.

    DF
     
    David Floyd, Nov 21, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. David Floyd

    Roger Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    news:EcAWvMAs0BRHFw$c@127.0.0.1...
    > Once again lines are not registering. Happened yesterday as well.
    >
    > Seems to be happening on a daily basis now - very disappointing.
    >
    > DF

    same here
     
    Roger, Nov 21, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. David Floyd

    Ed Straker Guest

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:57:32 +0000, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >Once again lines are not registering. Happened yesterday as well.


    >Seems to be happening on a daily basis now - very disappointing.


    Same here. However, if you change your proxy back to
    registrar.voip.co.uk then you can log on to the old platform, for the
    time being.

    I really don't think voip.co.uk should be switching the old platform
    off yet as the new one seems very unreliable.

    Ed.
     
    Ed Straker, Nov 21, 2007
    #3
  4. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Ed Straker writes
    >On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:57:32 +0000, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Once again lines are not registering. Happened yesterday as well.

    >
    >>Seems to be happening on a daily basis now - very disappointing.

    >
    >Same here. However, if you change your proxy back to
    >registrar.voip.co.uk then you can log on to the old platform, for the
    >time being.


    So you can, thanks for that :)

    David
     
    David Floyd, Nov 21, 2007
    #4
  5. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:57:32 +0000, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >Once again lines are not registering. Happened yesterday as well.
    >
    >Seems to be happening on a daily basis now - very disappointing.


    Very disappointing David did you say !!!!! voip.co.uk are rapidly
    turning out to be the worst voip provider that are based in the UK
    ,the carry on with this lot of late is enough to make me go back to
    bloody SIPGATE .
     
    , Nov 21, 2007
    #5
  6. In message <EcAWvMAs0BRHFw$c@127.0.0.1>, David Floyd
    <> writes
    >Once again lines are not registering. Happened yesterday as well.
    >
    >Seems to be happening on a daily basis now - very disappointing.
    >
    >DF


    It is back up now at 12:43.

    --
    Spock
     
    Spock ‹(•¿•)›, Nov 21, 2007
    #6
  7. David Floyd

    Ed Straker Guest

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:20:31 +0000, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >So you can, thanks for that :)


    New platform seems to be working again now.

    Ed.
     
    Ed Straker, Nov 21, 2007
    #7
  8. In message <>,
    writes
    >
    >
    >Very disappointing David did you say !!!!! voip.co.uk are rapidly
    >turning out to be the worst voip provider that are based in the UK
    >,the carry on with this lot of late is enough to make me go back to
    >bloody SIPGATE .



    I Don't believe it.
    Did you see this Ivor ?
    Please make note for future reference ;-)

    --
    Spock
     
    Spock ‹(•¿•)›, Nov 21, 2007
    #8
  9. David Floyd

    Iain Guest

    Spock ‹(•¿•)› wrote:

    >
    > It is back up now at 12:43.


    And back down again a few minutes later. Clearly they have a problem
    they are working on.

    Iain
     
    Iain, Nov 21, 2007
    #9
  10. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:49:17 +0000, Spock ‹(•¿•)› <spock@127.0.0.1>
    wrote:

    >In message <>,
    > writes
    >>
    >>
    >>Very disappointing David did you say !!!!! voip.co.uk are rapidly
    >>turning out to be the worst voip provider that are based in the UK
    >>,the carry on with this lot of late is enough to make me go back to
    >>bloody SIPGATE .

    >
    >
    >I Don't believe it.
    >Did you see this Ivor ?
    >Please make note for future reference ;-)

    I was waiting for that remark :)))but I do think ukvoip will have to
    get worse before I consider moving at the moment and where I do
    I will not be jumping out of the fat into the fire believe me .Maybe
    go back to Vonage who I could never fault with the exception of them
    being yanks who I just cannot stand but the service they provide is
    100% perfect and who do provide customers with free calls and free
    equipment for very little cost .
     
    , Nov 21, 2007
    #10
  11. David Floyd

    It's Me Guest

    "Iain" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Spock ‹(•¿•)› wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> It is back up now at 12:43.

    >
    > And back down again a few minutes later. Clearly they have a problem they
    > are working on.
    >
    > Iain


    Working here 14:30 on new system.

    I have to admit they do seem to be going down hill fast, what with no
    services to even sign up to.
     
    It's Me, Nov 21, 2007
    #11
  12. David Floyd

    Iain Guest

    It's Me wrote:

    >
    > Working here 14:30 on new system.
    >
    > I have to admit they do seem to be going down hill fast, what with no
    > services to even sign up to.


    They rolld out their new platform earlier this week, and clearly there
    are some teething troubles with it. If you think that's going down hill
    fast, I think you're daft.

    However, I am not inmpressed that they now seek to blame the
    registration failures on the devices failing to handle SRV properly. If
    that was true (and I have no reason to believe it), how come they didn't
    notice that all the common ATA devices in use don't support it?
     
    Iain, Nov 21, 2007
    #12
  13. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:14:21 +0000, Iain <>
    wrote:

    >It's Me wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> Working here 14:30 on new system.
    >>
    >> I have to admit they do seem to be going down hill fast, what with no
    >> services to even sign up to.

    >
    >They rolld out their new platform earlier this week, and clearly there
    >are some teething troubles with it. If you think that's going down hill
    >fast, I think you're daft.
    >
    >However, I am not inmpressed that they now seek to blame the
    >registration failures on the devices failing to handle SRV properly. If
    >that was true (and I have no reason to believe it), how come they didn't
    >notice that all the common ATA devices in use don't support it?


    This whole fiasco over the last few weeks to me smacks of big changes
    in leadership or perhaps more to the point ownership !!!! ,I have seen
    this happen quite a few times when an excellent company suddenly turns
    sour with no apparent reason .
    One example being the ISP Freedom to Surf a perfectly good ISP that
    was until they secretly sold out to Pipex then the whole thing went
    tits up .
     
    , Nov 21, 2007
    #13
  14. David Floyd

    Iain Guest

    wrote:

    > This whole fiasco over the last few weeks to me smacks of big changes
    > in leadership or perhaps more to the point ownership !!!! ,I have seen
    > this happen quite a few times when an excellent company suddenly turns
    > sour with no apparent reason .


    What utter drivel! The two people who have emailed me today are Chris
    and Toby, the same people as ever.

    There was a known problem with their platform and the replacment has
    been in beta for several weeks (months). It proved to be good and they
    have now rolled the new platform out to production. A few teething
    troubles are to be expected with a change of that nature.

    > One example being the ISP Freedom to Surf a perfectly good ISP that
    > was until they secretly sold out to Pipex then the whole thing went
    > tits up .


    The essential difference is that voip.co.uk has nit just been sold to
    shitty Pipex.
     
    Iain, Nov 21, 2007
    #14
  15. David Floyd

    Iain Guest

    I wrote:
    > The two people who have emailed me today are Chris
    > and Toby, the same people as ever.



    Toby? no, I meant Theo. Sorry, theo!
     
    Iain, Nov 21, 2007
    #15
  16. David Floyd

    Iain Guest

    Iain wrote:

    > However, I am not inmpressed that they now seek to blame the
    > registration failures on the devices failing to handle SRV properly. If
    > that was true (and I have no reason to believe it), how come they didn't
    > notice that all the common ATA devices in use don't support it?


    Seems that I was being a bit unfair. Chris and Theo have got me sorted
    out.

    My PAP2 is now up and running with SRV registration: needed several
    parameters altered from what they were (not sure if they were the defaults)

    A few other devices to look at still.
     
    Iain, Nov 21, 2007
    #16
  17. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:50:06 +0000, Iain <>
    wrote:


    >There was a known problem with their platform and the replacment has
    >been in beta for several weeks (months). It proved to be good and they
    >have now rolled the new platform out to production. A few teething
    >troubles are to be expected with a change of that nature.

    Really then why didn't they do this on a Sunday when any problems
    would not have been so noticeable instead of in the middle of the
    week.
    Excuses Excuses Excuses I do not pay money for EXCUSES I pay for
    service and it is looking more and more like the only way I am going
    to get that is by using my BT line permanently and stuff usless VOIP
    for good .
     
    , Nov 21, 2007
    #17
  18. David Floyd

    Woody Guest

    Quick two penn'th.

    From last weekend until last night I was able to make outgoing calls
    (most of the time) but incoming always went directly to voicemail.

    I had several mail transactions with Chris who was, as ever, very
    helpful. Most importantly even though my Sipura SPA2000 ATA was showing
    as registered at my end it was not at theirs.

    Then last night I discovered a box in the SPA2000 set-up which said 'Use
    DNS SRV' and 'DNS SRV auto prefix' Set them both to yes and bingo it all
    sprang to life.

    It begs the question that if it has never been to the DNS server in the
    past how come it was working for over six months until their changes
    this last weekend? Even Chris can't answer that one!


    --
    Woody

    harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
     
    Woody, Nov 21, 2007
    #18
  19. Woody wrote:
    > Quick two penn'th.
    >
    > From last weekend until last night I was able to make outgoing calls
    > (most of the time) but incoming always went directly to voicemail.
    >
    > I had several mail transactions with Chris who was, as ever, very
    > helpful. Most importantly even though my Sipura SPA2000 ATA was showing
    > as registered at my end it was not at theirs.
    >
    > Then last night I discovered a box in the SPA2000 set-up which said 'Use
    > DNS SRV' and 'DNS SRV auto prefix' Set them both to yes and bingo it all
    > sprang to life.
    >
    > It begs the question that if it has never been to the DNS server in the
    > past how come it was working for over six months until their changes
    > this last weekend? Even Chris can't answer that one!
    >
    >

    Problems without going calls at weekend, sorted by voip.co.uk now after
    couple of days of useage back to unable to make outgoing calls.
    She who must be obeyed is suggesting I dump the whole voip approach and
    move back to traditional landline....help...
     
    Duncan MacCallum, Nov 21, 2007
    #19
  20. David Floyd

    Ed Straker Guest

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:41:24 +0000, Iain <>
    wrote:

    >My PAP2 is now up and running with SRV registration: needed several
    >parameters altered from what they were (not sure if they were the defaults)


    Iain,

    Any chance of some quick details of what you changed?

    My PAP2 seems to randomly disconnect from the voip.co.uk new platform.
    Ironically, line 2 which is registered on Sipgate has been solid as a
    rock.


    Ed.
     
    Ed Straker, Nov 21, 2007
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. NYC XYZ

    Again??? AGAIN????

    NYC XYZ, Apr 21, 2006, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    572
    NYC XYZ
    Apr 23, 2006
  2. Charlie
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    683
    Charlie
    Jul 17, 2003
  3. joseph
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,346
  4. TommyC
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    658
    Ken Weitzel
    May 31, 2004
  5. George Orwell

    Re: Voip.co.uk down AGAIN

    George Orwell, Nov 21, 2007, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    426
    George Orwell
    Nov 21, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page