voip.co.uk config for Asterisk

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by ale.cx, Dec 13, 2006.

  1. ale.cx

    ale.cx Guest

    Seems like a bit of a stupid question when they've got one on their own
    website, but I'm having a hell of a time getting 1.2.12 working with a
    new voip.co.uk account. I have copied and pasted the example config
    [with some minor tweaks], supplying the username and password from the
    "Your SIP Accounts" page of the voip.co.uk portal.
    Asterisk thinks it's registered, as evidenced by 'sip show registry'.
    Voip.co.uk thinks I'm registered according to the same Accounts page -
    has my WAN IP address in it, Status says "Online" and the Expires time
    is always an hour after I last did a 'sip reload'. I can call my
    voip.co.uk line from my Sipgate line [complete with the somewhat
    spurious caller ID of 02071062924] just fine. However, whenever I try
    to make calls out on my voip.co.uk line, I get this:

    Dec 13 21:44:22 WARNING[10274]: chan_sip.c:9761 handle_response_invite:
    Forbidden - wrong password on authentication for INVITE to '"Cordless"
    <sip:>;tag=as466a11d8'

    This is my Dial() string in extensions.conf:

    [outgoing_voipcouk]

    include => default

    exten => _9.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@voipcouk,60,tr)
    exten => _9.,2,Playback(pls-try-again)
    exten => _9.,3,Hangup

    My voip.co.uk section in sip.conf:

    register => 593xxx:<hidden>@registrar.voip.co.uk/593xxx

    [voipcouk]
    type = peer
    context = incoming_voipcouk
    host = proxy.voip.co.uk
    username = 593xxx
    fromuser = 593xxx
    fromdomain = proxy.voip.co.uk
    password = <hidden> ; same password as above
    disallow = all
    allow = ulaw
    allow = alaw
    allow = gsm
    insecure=yes

    Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

    ale.cx, Dec 13, 2006

  2. ale.cx

    ale.cx Guest

    I take it no-one else uses Asterisk with voip.co.uk then. I'll log a
    fault with them.

    ale.cx, Dec 18, 2006

  3. ale.cx wrote:
    > I take it no-one else uses Asterisk with voip.co.uk then. I'll log a
    > fault with them.

    I do, not had any problems with it lately. (except their registration
    server has been a bit flaky).

    If you have more than one sip account with them (and consequently more
    than one register -> line, you need :

    registerattempts=0
    registertimeout= (10 x the numbe of register lines).

    In the registration line, the number at the end can be any destination
    in your extensions script (even letters). Which sipgate can't do. Which
    is nice.

    For some reason, fromuser is commented out in my sip.conf (can't
    remember why), I have authuser=593xxx and my insecure=port (I think that
    could be because I'm running 1.4.0 and yes, and very are deprecated iirc).

    Other than that, it looks the same to me.

    Have you tried a separate entry in your dialplan to try using it without
    using the sip.conf entry as a reference (This is simple to do with IAX2,
    don't know if it can be done with SIP)?

    Thomas Kenyon, Dec 18, 2006
  4. ale.cx

    ale.cx Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:

    > Have you tried a separate entry in your dialplan to try using it without
    > using the sip.conf entry as a reference (This is simple to do with IAX2,
    > don't know if it can be done with SIP)?

    Gave that a shot, but I couldn't quite work out the right syntax for
    including a username, password and dialled number in a Dial(SIP/
    command. And then...I looked 20 lines down at my [sipgate] section in
    sip.conf and noticed it had secret= rather than password=. Changed the
    [voipcouk] one to secret= and it works fine. FFS. I wasted hours of my
    life on this! That'll teach me to go reading
    http://voip.co.uk/tech_centre.html and actually believing it.

    alexd

    ale.cx, Dec 18, 2006
  5. ale.cx wrote:
    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >
    >> Have you tried a separate entry in your dialplan to try using it without
    >> using the sip.conf entry as a reference (This is simple to do with IAX2,
    >> don't know if it can be done with SIP)?

    > Gave that a shot, but I couldn't quite work out the right syntax for
    > including a username, password and dialled number in a Dial(SIP/
    > command. And then...I looked 20 lines down at my [sipgate] section in
    > sip.conf and noticed it had secret= rather than password=. Changed the
    > [voipcouk] one to secret= and it works fine. FFS. I wasted hours of my
    > life on this! That'll teach me to go reading
    > http://voip.co.uk/tech_centre.html and actually believing it.

    Oh bugger, I spotted that when I first went on the page (and emailed
    tech support about it, stating that it should be changed) about 9 months
    ago and completely forgot about it.

    Thomas Kenyon, Dec 19, 2006