voip.co.uk Call diversion

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by DMac, Nov 26, 2005.

  1. DMac

    DMac Guest

    Hi, Wondering about what call diversion facilities are available on this
    service

    Could you divert your incoming no to (say) a mobile - will it automatically
    divert to an alternative no if your internet service gets disrupted - or
    choose not to have to have your ata switched on?

    Can you divert to any no including foreign mobiles (not fussed about
    satellite phones)

    Does it offer parallel ring - ata and mobile ringing at same time - or is
    it divert after x seconds.

    Can all the diverts be controlled from a web interface?

    Are the call charges stable and what is the mechanism for announcing this
    when they increase them?

    I did have exactly the service I wanted - but they put the prices up on the
    diverted leg to the point it wasn't economic to do.
    Luckily I found out weeks before the trial ended and I would have had to
    commit to a year's service.

    Many thanks.

    DMac, Nov 26, 2005

  2. DMac

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 26 Nov 2005, DMac writes
    >Hi, Wondering about what call diversion facilities are available on this
    >service

    I am in contact with Theo at VoIP.co.uk about various issues on their
    services.

    On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
    misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
    facility - it does not!

    It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.

    So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
    there.

    However, to be fair to Theo apparently a number of customers have raised
    this point and he is working on it over the week-end to introduce it
    soon, as part of their web based service.

    David

    David Floyd, Nov 26, 2005

  3. DMac

    Dave Gill Guest

    David Floyd <> wrote:

    [...]
    > On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
    > misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
    > facility - it does not!
    >
    > It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.
    >
    > So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
    > there.

    Can I take it from that call diversion is supported by VoIP.co.uk if
    it's set up at the ATA? This isn't the case with all providers at the
    moment (Sipgate springs to mind).

    Dave Gill, Nov 26, 2005
  4. DMac

    Sean Guest

    Dave Gill wrote:
    > David Floyd <> wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    >>On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
    >>misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
    >>facility - it does not!
    >>
    >>It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.
    >>
    >>So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
    >>there.

    > Can I take it from that call diversion is supported by VoIP.co.uk if
    > it's set up at the ATA? This isn't the case with all providers at the
    > moment (Sipgate springs to mind).

    Yes, i've been wondering what providers let you use your ATA's diversion
    settings! Seems this company does :)

    Sean, Nov 26, 2005
  5. DMac

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Dave Gill writes
    >David Floyd <> wrote:
    >
    >[...]
    >> On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
    >> misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
    >> facility - it does not!
    >>
    >> It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.
    >>
    >> So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
    >> there.

    >Can I take it from that call diversion is supported by VoIP.co.uk if
    >it's set up at the ATA? This isn't the case with all providers at the
    >moment (Sipgate springs to mind).

    I assume so by what has been said.

    I will try it tomorrow (Sunday) and report back.

    David

    David Floyd, Nov 26, 2005
  6. DMac

    Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:12:51 +0000, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >In message of Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Dave Gill writes
    >>David Floyd <> wrote:
    >>
    >>[...]
    >>> On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
    >>> misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
    >>> facility - it does not!
    >>>
    >>> It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.
    >>>
    >>> So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
    >>> there.

    >>Can I take it from that call diversion is supported by VoIP.co.uk if
    >>it's set up at the ATA? This isn't the case with all providers at the
    >>moment (Sipgate springs to mind).
    >>

    >I assume so by what has been said.
    >
    >I will try it tomorrow (Sunday) and report back.
    >
    >David

    This call divert set up via an ATA is new to me. Perhaps you explain
    further. I know that my SPA-3000 can be made to link PTSN to voip but
    are you saying tht it is possible to forward voip to voip somehow on a
    stand-alone ATA?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Nov 27, 2005
  7. DMac

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Dave Gill writes
    >David Floyd <> wrote:
    >
    >[...]
    >> On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
    >> misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
    >> facility - it does not!
    >>
    >> It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.
    >>
    >> So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
    >> there.

    >Can I take it from that call diversion is supported by VoIP.co.uk if
    >it's set up at the ATA? This isn't the case with all providers at the
    >moment (Sipgate springs to mind).

    Having now tested this (on Sipura SPA3000) it does not work with
    VoIP.co.uk even when that account is the main account on line 1 and not
    merely used as a gateway.

    Call diversion does work on the SPA3000 when JustDialVoIP is set as the
    main account on Line 1.

    I will report this to Theo as he does not always read this newsgroup.

    David

    David Floyd, Nov 27, 2005
  8. DMac

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 26 Nov 2005, David Floyd writes
    >In message of Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Dave Gill writes
    >>David Floyd <> wrote:
    >>
    >>[...]
    >>> On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
    >>> misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
    >>> facility - it does not!
    >>>
    >>> It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.
    >>>
    >>> So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
    >>> there.

    >>Can I take it from that call diversion is supported by VoIP.co.uk if
    >>it's set up at the ATA? This isn't the case with all providers at the
    >>moment (Sipgate springs to mind).
    >>

    >I assume so by what has been said.
    >
    >I will try it tomorrow (Sunday) and report back.

    See my other post in this thread - it doesn't work for VoIP.co.uk but
    does for JustDialVoIP.

    David

    David Floyd, Nov 27, 2005
  9. DMac

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sun, 27 Nov 2005, Brian A writes
    >This call divert set up via an ATA is new to me. Perhaps you explain
    >further. I know that my SPA-3000 can be made to link PTSN to voip but
    >are you saying tht it is possible to forward voip to voip somehow on a
    >stand-alone ATA?

    Yes, if your SIP account supports it. (JustDialVoIP does)

    The settings are in USER 1 on a SPA3000

    David

    David Floyd, Nov 27, 2005
  10. DMac

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:47:57 +0000, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >In message of Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Dave Gill writes
    >>David Floyd <> wrote:
    >>
    >>[...]
    >>> On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
    >>> misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
    >>> facility - it does not!
    >>>
    >>> It all depends on your SIP device or ATA, not on VoIP.co.uk's service.
    >>>
    >>> So if your device provides for call forwarding you control it from
    >>> there.

    >>Can I take it from that call diversion is supported by VoIP.co.uk if
    >>it's set up at the ATA? This isn't the case with all providers at the
    >>moment (Sipgate springs to mind).
    >>

    >Having now tested this (on Sipura SPA3000) it does not work with
    >VoIP.co.uk even when that account is the main account on line 1 and not
    >merely used as a gateway.
    >
    >Call diversion does work on the SPA3000 when JustDialVoIP is set as the
    >main account on Line 1.
    >
    >I will report this to Theo as he does not always read this newsgroup.
    >
    >David

    Thanks for the info.
    If Theo is the only person doing all the tech work I would imagine
    that he will be very busy indeed.
    I did also try enabling User1:Supplementary Service Settings:message
    waiting.
    This resulted in a stuttered dial tone. Just what I would expect if I
    had a message waiting. However, my voicemail doesn't work* and I don't
    have any messages. So I disabled it again.
    (*rings for one minute and then the line drops out)

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Nov 27, 2005