    all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an
    additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.

    Good on them.
    Bypass, Dec 20, 2006

  2. Bypass

    dj Guest

    In message <>, Bypass
    <> writes
    >Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved
    >the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with
    >all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an
    >additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.
    >
    >Good on them.

    I also got the same email.

    --
    DJ
    dj, Dec 20, 2006

  3. Bypass

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 20 Dec 2006, dj writes
    >In message <>, Bypass
    ><> writes
    >>Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved
    >>the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with
    >>all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an
    >>additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.
    >>
    >>Good on them.

    >I also got the same email.

    Me too - good on them.

    Makes them the best around

    DF
    David Floyd, Dec 20, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:09:44 +0000, Bypass <> wrote:
    >
    >> Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved
    >> the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with
    >> all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an
    >> additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.
    >>
    >> Good on them.

    I was chuffed to get the same email.

    > Now dump it and get Skype

    Does anyone know where the killfile is in Thunderbird?
    Thomas Kenyon, Dec 20, 2006
  5. Bypass

    Guest

    On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:09:44 +0000, Bypass <> wrote:

    >Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved
    >the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with
    >all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an
    >additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.
    >
    >Good on them.

    Now dump it and get Skype
    , Dec 20, 2006
  6. Bypass

    Guest

    On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:26:45 +0000, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >Me too - good on them.
    >
    >Makes them the best around

    Same here. Clearly whatever the problem was, it was a widespread one,
    which is probably why it took them so long to fix it.

    I'm pleased they've fixed it, because I really didn't want to go
    elsewhere: I like the service from voip.co.uk
    , Dec 20, 2006
  7. Bypass

    ACDeag Guest

    David Floyd formulated the question :
    > In message of Wed, 20 Dec 2006, dj writes
    >>In message <>, Bypass
    >> <> writes
    >>>Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved the
    >>> billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with all the
    >>> 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an additional payment
    >>> 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.
    >>>
    >>>Good on them.

    >>I also got the same email.
    >>

    > Me too - good on them.
    >
    > Makes them the best around
    >
    > DF

    Agree
    ACDeag, Dec 20, 2006
  8. Bypass

    Scope Guest

    wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:09:44 +0000, Bypass <> wrote:
    >
    >> Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved
    >> the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with
    >> all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an
    >> additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.
    >>
    >> Good on them.

    > Now dump it and get Skype

    LOL, there is always one..
    Scope, Dec 20, 2006
  9. Bypass

    Guest

    On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:01:06 +0000, wrote:

    >Now dump it and get Skype

    Excellent idea. Pay more for a feature-deficient product from a single
    supplier, get worse quality and be locked into a sandbox where you can
    make free calls only through a nerd-nerd network.

    I can see why you conceal your identity when posting.
    , Dec 20, 2006
  10. Bypass

    Guest

    On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:01:06 +0000, wrote:

    >On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:09:44 +0000, Bypass <> wrote:
    >
    >>Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved
    >>the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with
    >>all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an
    >>additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.
    >>
    >>Good on them.

    >Now dump it and get Skype

    No dump it and get Voiphone.co.uk or of course the best of the lot
    Sipgate oh God what am I saying forget the last 9 words completely.
    , Dec 20, 2006
  11. Bypass

    Guest

    On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:51:35 +0000, wrote:

    >On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:01:06 +0000, wrote:
    >
    >>Now dump it and get Skype

    >Excellent idea. Pay more for a feature-deficient product from a single
    >supplier, get worse quality and be locked into a sandbox where you can
    >make free calls only through a nerd-nerd network.
    >
    >I can see why you conceal your identity when posting.

    We are all entitled to have companies that we like or dislike,
    there is only one which I dislike intensely and would love to see
    disappear of the face of the earth .
    , Dec 20, 2006
  12. Bypass

    Ian Pawson Guest

    Bypass wrote:
    > Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved
    > the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with
    > all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an
    > additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.
    >
    > Good on them.

    Same here - nice to see a company admitting their problems and rewaring
    patient customers.
    For me, the 2 minute cut-off problem was more annoying/serious than the
    billing issue.
    Ian Pawson, Dec 20, 2006
  13. Recently, popped out over the fence
    around uk.telecom.voip and said...
    |On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:26:45 +0000, David Floyd <>
    |wrote:
    |
    |>Me too - good on them.
    |>
    |>Makes them the best around
    |
    |Same here. Clearly whatever the problem was, it was a widespread one,
    |which is probably why it took them so long to fix it.
    |
    |I'm pleased they've fixed it, because I really didn't want to go
    |elsewhere: I like the service from voip.co.uk

    While I second the praise, let me say that is MUCH more difficult to
    pinpoint a problem a few users are having, rather than a "widespread"
    (let's say ubiquitous!) problem on the backbone of your billing system.

    Very happy they got it sorted, tho... the phone service is spotless, so
    reliable I dumped the copper pair!

    Happy Xmas!

    --
    ßødincµs²°°° - The Y2K Druid
    ----------------------------
    ßødincµs²°°°, Dec 20, 2006
  14. Bypass

    Guest

    On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:00:42 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:09:44 +0000, Bypass <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved
    >>> the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with
    >>> all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an
    >>> additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.
    >>>
    >>> Good on them.

    >I was chuffed to get the same email.
    >>
    >> Now dump it and get Skype
    >>

    >Does anyone know where the killfile is in Thunderbird?

    No but there's probably a newsgroup for it, just like there's a
    newsgroup to help all the poor sods who cant get VOIP working properly
    , Dec 21, 2006
  15. Bypass

    Guest

    On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:12:59 GMT, Scope <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:09:44 +0000, Bypass <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved
    >>> the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with
    >>> all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an
    >>> additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.
    >>>
    >>> Good on them.

    >> Now dump it and get Skype
    >>

    >LOL, there is always one..

    Nahh there's lots of us
    , Dec 21, 2006
  16. Bypass

    Guest

    On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:51:35 +0000, wrote:

    >On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:01:06 +0000, wrote:
    >
    >>Now dump it and get Skype

    >Excellent idea. Pay more for a feature-deficient product from a single
    >supplier, get worse quality and be locked into a sandbox where you can
    >make free calls only through a nerd-nerd network.
    >
    >I can see why you conceal your identity when posting.

    And I can see why you hide your ID you re so ashamed that you need an
    entire newsgroup in an attempt to get VOIP to work properly yet Skype
    works in seconds with no problems
    , Dec 21, 2006
  17. Bypass

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:51:35 +0000,
    > wrote:
    >
    > > On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:01:06 +0000,
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > Now dump it and get Skype

    > > Excellent idea. Pay more for a feature-deficient
    > > product from a single supplier, get worse quality and
    > > be locked into a sandbox where you can make free calls
    > > only through a nerd-nerd network.
    > >
    > > I can see why you conceal your identity when posting.

    > And I can see why you hide your ID you re so ashamed that
    > you need an entire newsgroup in an attempt to get VOIP to
    > work properly yet Skype works in seconds with no problems

    But Skype needs a computer or maybe a PDA. Show me an ATA which I can use
    to access Skype through the normal phones on my PABX that I access every
    other system I use on and I'll consider it.

    Ivor

    PS at least I don't hide my identity. Everyone knows who I am, what have
    *you* got to hide..?!
    Ivor Jones, Dec 21, 2006
  18. Thus spaketh :
    > On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:01:06 +0000, wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:09:44 +0000, Bypass <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just got my email from technical support saying that they've
    >>> resolved the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my
    >>> account with all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture
    >>> made an additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your
    >>> patience'.
    >>>
    >>> Good on them.

    >> Now dump it and get Skype

    > No dump it and get Voiphone.co.uk or of course the best of the lot
    > Sipgate oh God what am I saying forget the last 9 words completely.

    How can we forget them?

    (Still have my BY connection, and people have their fingers intact.)
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 21, 2006
  19. Bypass

    Guest

    On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 18:28:56 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >(Still have my BY connection, and people have their fingers intact.)

    Nothing wrong with BT my BT line may just get re connected shortly
    if BY/NTL/Virgin Media or whstever else they have decided to call
    themselves to day do not start to give me what I am paying them for
    instad of only half of it from 4 pm every afternoon .
    If that where to happen all the VOIP providers could go to hell for
    all I would care
    , Dec 21, 2006
  20. Thus spaketh :
    > On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 18:28:56 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >> (Still have my BY connection, and people have their fingers intact.)

    > Nothing wrong with BT my BT line may just get re connected shortly
    > if BY/NTL/Virgin Media or whstever else they have decided to call
    > themselves to day do not start to give me what I am paying them for
    > instad of only half of it from 4 pm every afternoon .
    > If that where to happen all the VOIP providers could go to hell for
    > all I would care

    Yeah, if they do play silly beggers, then I'll get a landline back, was
    on BT landline before I dumped it for VoIP, but I too would have no real
    need for VoIP then.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 21, 2006