    outgoing calls only and people use my normal BT number to ring in or am I
    missing something!

    Sorry if I am being thick!

    Port Admiral Haynes, Jan 30, 2007

  2. Port Admiral Haynes

    Scope Guest

    Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    > Looking around my VoipDiscount control panel I can find no mention of a
    > number people can dial in to contact me. Is it that I use VoipDiscount for
    > outgoing calls only and people use my normal BT number to ring in or am I
    > missing something!

    All of the Betamax companies (including voipdiscount) stopped giving out
    incoming numbers some time last year.. This means nobody will be able to
    call you in on your VoipDiscount account. If the ATA supports multiple
    providers/have multiple ports, perhaps you can set up another
    line/provider for incoming calls? I've got this setup, VoipDiscount for
    outgoing calls, voip.co.uk for incoming calls.

    Scope, Jan 30, 2007

  3. Thus spaketh Port Admiral Haynes:
    > Bear with me because I am new at this!
    >
    > Since Skype slapped on their connection charger I have been slowly
    > easing away from them.
    > I have a Linksys Sipura ATA that should be arriving tomorrow and have
    > just signed up with Voip Discount. (No money put in as yet)
    >
    > Looking around my VoipDiscount control panel I can find no mention of
    > a number people can dial in to contact me. Is it that I use
    > VoipDiscount for outgoing calls only and people use my normal BT
    > number to ring in or am I missing something!
    >
    > Sorry if I am being thick!

    Betamax who run VoIPDiscount as well as many others used to issue
    VoIP-In numbers, at the moment they no longer issue them, there is a way
    around this, if you eMail me I can give you details.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 30, 2007
  4. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    Port Admiral Haynes has brought this to us :
    > Bear with me because I am new at this!
    >
    > Since Skype slapped on their connection charger I have been slowly easing
    > away from them.
    > I have a Linksys Sipura ATA that should be arriving tomorrow and have just
    > signed up with Voip Discount. (No money put in as yet)
    >
    > Looking around my VoipDiscount control panel I can find no mention of a
    > number people can dial in to contact me. Is it that I use VoipDiscount for
    > outgoing calls only and people use my normal BT number to ring in or am I
    > missing something!
    >
    > Sorry if I am being thick!

    A few choices spring to mind -

    Which SPA have you bought? If it's the SAP1001, that's capable of
    having two SIP accounts with one phone connected. Simply sign up to
    Sipgate & obtain a free geo number and set that up as your second
    account.

    If you have bought an SPA2101, similar to the SPA1001, except this is
    two lines with TWO phones, so not as ideal.

    If you've bought an SPA3102, then this would allow incomming calls on
    your PSTN line to be answered on your voip line....and you would simply
    dial out on either.

    You could research the service that Brain A knows a lot about......what
    the hell's it called..."VOX something or other"? You can register your
    VoipDiscount account & your Sipgate account on their servers & your ATA
    uses "VOX Something or other" as it's service provider. That way you
    can have any number of incomming/outgoing providers on a single ATA.

    Jono, Jan 30, 2007
  5. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Port Admiral Haynes has brought this to us :
    >> Bear with me because I am new at this!
    >>
    >> Since Skype slapped on their connection charger I have been slowly easing
    >> away from them.
    >> I have a Linksys Sipura ATA that should be arriving tomorrow and have
    >> just signed up with Voip Discount. (No money put in as yet)
    >>
    >> Looking around my VoipDiscount control panel I can find no mention of a
    >> number people can dial in to contact me. Is it that I use VoipDiscount
    >> for outgoing calls only and people use my normal BT number to ring in or
    >> am I missing something!
    >>
    >> Sorry if I am being thick!

    > A few choices spring to mind -
    >
    > Which SPA have you bought? If it's the SAP1001, that's capable of having
    > two SIP accounts with one phone connected. Simply sign up to Sipgate &
    > obtain a free geo number and set that up as your second account.
    >
    > If you have bought an SPA2101, similar to the SPA1001, except this is two
    > lines with TWO phones, so not as ideal.
    >
    > If you've bought an SPA3102, then this would allow incomming calls on your
    > PSTN line to be answered on your voip line....and you would simply dial
    > out on either.
    >
    > You could research the service that Brain A knows a lot about......what
    > the hell's it called..."VOX something or other"? You can register your
    > VoipDiscount account & your Sipgate account on their servers & your ATA
    > uses "VOX Something or other" as it's service provider. That way you can
    > have any number of incomming/outgoing providers on a single ATA.

    Thanks - It is the SPA101 - I will go and take a look at Sipgate

    Port Admiral Haynes, Jan 30, 2007
  6. Port Admiral Haynes

    andy Guest

    On Jan 30, 7:35 pm, Jono <> wrote:

    > You could research the service that Brain A knows a lot about......what
    > the hell's it called..."VOX something or other"? You can register your
    > VoipDiscount account & your Sipgate account on their servers & your ATA
    > uses "VOX Something or other" as it's service provider. That way you
    > can have any number of incomming/outgoing providers on a single ATA.

    Voxalot

    andy, Jan 31, 2007
  7. Port Admiral Haynes

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:02:50 -0000, "Port Admiral Haynes"
    <> wrote:

    >"Jono" <> wrote in message

    >Thanks - It is the SPA101 - I will go and take a look at Sipgate

    Do you mean the SPA-1001 ?
    Before you consider Sipgate just go to Google, enter the words
    Sipgate problems
    in the search box and click 'groups'. I will say no more.
    For outgoung calls there are the Betamax providers that have been
    mentioned but also, voip.co.uk for UK calls and vyke.co.uk for UK,
    Europe and the US. Vyke, like Betamax, does not do incoming numbers.
    For incoming you could use voip.co.uk,voipfone.co.uk or voiptalk.org
    for example. If you call outside of the US and Europe then consider
    looking at foreign providers in addition to those in the UK - massive
    list on sipbroker.com.
    If you find that you need more incoming/outgoing providers than your
    ATA will facilitate you can use voxalot.com. If you decide to go in
    that direction then please post back here for help, but, initially,
    I'd just try and get the basics up and running.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jan 31, 2007
  8. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    On 31 Jan, 11:02, Brian A <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:02:50 -0000, "Port Admiral Haynes"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >"Jono" <> wrote in message

    > >Thanks - It is the SPA101 - I will go and take a look at Sipgate

    > Do you mean the SPA-1001 ?
    > Before you consider Sipgate just go to Google, enter the words
    > Sipgate problems
    > in the search box and click 'groups'. I will say no more.

    Now now, Brian.

    I cannot remember the last time Sipgate had a problem. Yes, a search
    of this group for "Sipgate Problems" will yield a fair few results -
    more than most of them will be by a certain individual and not really
    a fair representation of their service.

    Jono, Jan 31, 2007
  9. Port Admiral Haynes

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > On 31 Jan, 11:02, Brian A <>
    > wrote:

    [snip]

    > > Before you consider Sipgate just go to Google, enter
    > > the words Sipgate problems
    > > in the search box and click 'groups'. I will say no
    > > more.

    > Now now, Brian.
    >
    > I cannot remember the last time Sipgate had a problem.
    > Yes, a search of this group for "Sipgate Problems" will
    > yield a fair few results - more than most of them will be
    > by a certain individual and not really a fair
    > representation of their service.

    I suppose I really should stay out of this, but I can't stand by and see a
    company given a bad name by proxy as it were. Yes, there have been
    problems, but the system is currently very stable, as those who actually
    *use* it (rather than just bitch about it) can tell you.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 31, 2007
  10. Port Admiral Haynes

    -ip.co.uk Guest

    On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:32:13 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Yes, there have been
    >problems, but the system is currently very stable, as those who actually
    >*use* it (rather than just bitch about it) can tell you.

    And those who have used it can tell those who are thinking of
    committing there trust to them providing a stable service to them
    exactly what has gone on in the passed and will also happen again mark
    my words every thing being rosy now does not mean it will stay rosy
    You just cannot trust Sipgate and never will be able to do so.
    Voipfone.co.uk and voip.co.uk on the other hand I have yet to have any
    problems with and after being with voipfone for over 12 months now
    without any problems at all I can say this ,on the other hand you have
    admitted her that Sipgate has been problematic in the passed and If I
    am any judge will be again and again .

    -ip.co.uk, Jan 31, 2007
  11. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    andy used his keyboard to write :
    > On Jan 30, 7:35 pm, Jono <> wrote:
    >>
    >> You could research the service that Brain A knows a lot about......what
    >> the hell's it called..."VOX something or other"? You can register your
    >> VoipDiscount account & your Sipgate account on their servers & your ATA
    >> uses "VOX Something or other" as it's service provider. That way you
    >> can have any number of incomming/outgoing providers on a single ATA.

    > Voxalot

    Ah yes. Struggle /every/ time with that one. Thank you.

    Jono, Jan 31, 2007
  12. Port Admiral Haynes

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <-ip.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:32:13 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > Yes, there have been
    > > problems, but the system is currently very stable, as
    > > those who actually *use* it (rather than just bitch
    > > about it) can tell you.

    > And those who have used it can tell those who are
    > thinking of committing there trust to them providing a
    > stable service to them exactly what has gone on in the
    > passed and will also happen again mark my words every
    > thing being rosy now does not mean it will stay rosy You
    > just cannot trust Sipgate and never will be able to do
    > so. Voipfone.co.uk and voip.co.uk on the other hand I
    > have yet to have any problems with and after being with
    > voipfone for over 12 months now without any problems at
    > all I can say this ,on the other hand you have admitted
    > her that Sipgate has been problematic in the passed

    passed..?

    > and If I am any judge will be again and again .

    Fortunately, you are not a judge.

    Ron, you used it in the days when it did have a few problems. Try using it
    *now* and tell me the same.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 31, 2007
  13. Port Admiral Haynes

    Al Guest

    Scope <> wrote:
    > I've got this setup, VoipDiscount for
    > outgoing calls, voip.co.uk for incoming calls.

    You can also use Axxeso - their head office is based in Spain but they
    offer UK numbers (for incoming calls) as well...

    Al

    Al, Feb 4, 2007