    Raketu’s website...

    http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2008/01/voip-calling-desktop-application-from.html

    Good Day!!

    rishil, Jan 27, 2008

  2. rishil

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 02:07:52 -0800 (PST), rishil
    <> wrote:

    >The new application’s “Slim” interface is Raketu’s Lite version of
    >Raketu’s full-featured LaunchPad Desktop application, which also
    >integrates IPTV streamed video and video on demand (VOD) entertainment
    >content. Raketu Lite is available for Windows XP and Vista users, and
    >offers free and/or extremely low cost VoIP calling from a desktop PC.
    >Mac users and users of other Operating Systems can make calls using
    >Raketu’s website...
    >
    >http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2008/01/voip-calling-desktop-application-from.html
    >
    >Good Day!!

    This is proprietary, i.e. calls are tied to one operator. However,
    like Voipcheap, it includes 'free' minutes. It seems, unless I have
    misunderstood this, that it is better than voipcheap in that the
    minutes are alloted per month rather than per 7 days (which must be
    very difficult to keep track of). 1200 minutes/month. Further, it
    appears that this lasts for 3 months from the date of crediting your
    account.
    Credit is ~£5 or ~£12.50 denominations.
    http://www.raketu.com/en/new-rates.php
    The chargeable call charges don't seem bad. UK calls @ 0.51p/min after
    free calls have been used up. Calls to UK mobiles 7.64p/min.
    http://www.raketu.com/en/dialout-rates.php
    This is SIP but I haven't currently found the appropriate settings for
    hardware use.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---