    be extremely helpful for calculating future call capacity based on
    different specs.

    Thanks for any input you can provide!

    Tim Larason, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Tim Larason

    Kurt Jaeger Guest

    Hi!

    >sessions could it support? I would like to use the IVR functionality
    >(TCL Scripts or VoiceXML) of the Cisco 1760-V, but am unsure of the
    >supported call capacity.

    It's probably limited to the amount of DSP work needed.

    show voice dsp detailed

    shows how many channels are handled.

    --
    MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger 16 years to go !
    LF.net GmbH fon +49 711 90074-23

    Kurt Jaeger, Jun 4, 2004

  3. Hello,

    Tim Larason wrote:

    > If I am using SIP to send voice calls to the 1760 over the IP network
    > (instead of through analog FXO ports), how many concurrent call
    > sessions could it support? I would like to use the IVR functionality
    > (TCL Scripts or VoiceXML) of the Cisco 1760-V, but am unsure of the
    > supported call capacity.

    Please note, there are some limitations for the IVR (TCL or VXML) on the
    VoIP call leg, the most serious one is that you can only play prompts to
    the user if g711 codec is used.

    WBR, Andrew
    --
    Andrew Zhilenko
    Please remove "hide-email." from my email address when replying,

    Andrew Zhilenko, Jun 4, 2004
  4. Tim Larason

    Tim Larason Guest

    (Kurt Jaeger) wrote in message news:<c9p6br$a2n$>...
    > Hi!
    >
    > >sessions could it support? I would like to use the IVR functionality
    > >(TCL Scripts or VoiceXML) of the Cisco 1760-V, but am unsure of the
    > >supported call capacity.

    > It's probably limited to the amount of DSP work needed.
    >
    > show voice dsp detailed
    >
    > shows how many channels are handled.

    I was assuming that because the calls were coming in over an IP call
    leg that they would not require DSP processing, and therefore the
    number of calls supported would not be limited by DSP resources. I
    assumed DSP's were only used to covert analog voice signals to IP
    signals. Is this assumption incorrect?

    Thanks for your input.

    Tim Larason, Jun 4, 2004
  5. Tim Larason

    Kurt Jaeger Guest

    Hi!

    >> >sessions could it support? I would like to use the IVR functionality
    >> >(TCL Scripts or VoiceXML) of the Cisco 1760-V, but am unsure of the
    >> >supported call capacity.

    >> It's probably limited to the amount of DSP work needed.
    >>
    >> show voice dsp detailed
    >>
    >> shows how many channels are handled.

    >I was assuming that because the calls were coming in over an IP call
    >leg that they would not require DSP processing, and therefore the
    >number of calls supported would not be limited by DSP resources.

    Even RTP data streams need some DSP resources, e.g. to "parse"
    incoming touchtone signal (depending on the encoding used from the remote
    side).

    >assumed DSP's were only used to covert analog voice signals to IP
    >signals. Is this assumption incorrect?

    I'm no DSP guru (far from it), but if a digital signal comes
    in with some "analog" pattern to match (e.g. some touchtone signal),
    I assume it would be the DSP to handle it.

    Kurt Jaeger, Jun 4, 2004