    e.g. if any polish ISP's or PTT try to block direct VoIP?

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Dec 7, 2005

  2. > I currently run a VoIP service for my family across the UK
    > and France (a SIP and STUN server, SPA-3000 clients).
    > Another part of the family in Poland want to join in.
    > They have ADSL, but I don't yet have any information on
    > who their ISP is (I don't even know if there's a choice in
    > Poland). Does anyone know if there's likely to be any
    > problem doing VoIP directly between UK and Poland,
    > e.g. if any polish ISP's or PTT try to block direct VoIP?

    Man, Poland is not Ukraine, you will be really suprised how
    many ISPs Poland has...
    How to check - simple. Go to www.whatismyip.com get IP,
    go to ripe.net - and voila!

    I do not know any ISP (not any big) blocking VoIP traffic.
    Should be working fine. My family's connected to SIP server
    in the UK using Polish Telecom - works fine for them.

    m.

    Marcin Lukasik, Dec 7, 2005

  3. Andrew Gabriel

    Stephane M Guest

    Andrew Gabriel wrote:
    > I currently run a VoIP service for my family across the UK
    > and France (a SIP and STUN server, SPA-3000 clients).
    > Another part of the family in Poland want to join in.
    > They have ADSL, but I don't yet have any information on
    > who their ISP is (I don't even know if there's a choice in
    > Poland). Does anyone know if there's likely to be any
    > problem doing VoIP directly between UK and Poland,
    > e.g. if any polish ISP's or PTT try to block direct VoIP?

    I have a similar case..
    If you are based in the UK you can create a account wiht (for instance
    wiht Voipfone.co.uk)
    Your family in Poland can also create an account with Voipfone.co.uk...
    even if they are based in poland !!
    And that works fine !!!!!

    Stephane M, Dec 7, 2005
  4. In article <dn7ll4$rbc$1$>,
    Stephane M <> writes:
    > I have a similar case..
    > If you are based in the UK you can create a account wiht (for instance
    > wiht Voipfone.co.uk)
    > Your family in Poland can also create an account with Voipfone.co.uk...
    > even if they are based in poland !!
    > And that works fine !!!!!

    I run my own SIP and STUN servers for the family.
    I don't need to create an account with anyone else.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Dec 8, 2005
  5. In article <bfa94$43970ca8$c1263429$>,
    "Marcin Lukasik" <> writes:
    > I do not know any ISP (not any big) blocking VoIP traffic.
    > Should be working fine. My family's connected to SIP server
    > in the UK using Polish Telecom - works fine for them.

    OK, thanks.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Dec 8, 2005