    with lifeline (couldn't find one in stock) .. and lastly the Linksys
    PAP2 (few in stock but not from major online retailer). Any help is
    really appreciated.

    WiraOne, Jan 25, 2006

  2. WiraOne

    John DH Guest

    "WiraOne" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm in a mid of choosing which VOIP ATA is suitable for my usage. I'm
    > currently on NTL 2Mbps broadband and using Linksys WRT54GS (still
    > virgin, not flashed with 3rd party firmware yet). I'm currently looking
    > for VOIP ATA which supports standard VOIP features, linking to standard
    > PSTN phone will be a good option too. It seems that there're not that
    > many budget VOIP ATAs available out there in the market and most of
    > them, couldn't find them in stock either. I've narrowed my search down
    > to ZOOM ATA with Teleport (Misco seems to sell it but no stock), Zyxel
    > with lifeline (couldn't find one in stock) .. and lastly the Linksys
    > PAP2 (few in stock but not from major online retailer). Any help is
    > really appreciated.

    You could try

    http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk

    They delivered my spa-2002 the next day.

    If you are linking to PSTN you might want to look at spa-3000

    Although not the cheapest, I am very pleased with the spa2002 and the fast
    service from Broadbandstuff

    John DH

    P.S. There is not much in the way of documentation that comes with the kit,
    but there are plenty of resources here and at voxila.com to get you started.

    John DH, Jan 25, 2006

  3. WiraOne

    Mark Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:33:14 -0000, "John DH" <> wrote:

    >"WiraOne" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm in a mid of choosing which VOIP ATA is suitable for my usage. I'm
    >> currently on NTL 2Mbps broadband and using Linksys WRT54GS (still
    >> virgin, not flashed with 3rd party firmware yet). I'm currently looking
    >> for VOIP ATA which supports standard VOIP features, linking to standard
    >> PSTN phone will be a good option too. It seems that there're not that
    >> many budget VOIP ATAs available out there in the market and most of
    >> them, couldn't find them in stock either. I've narrowed my search down
    >> to ZOOM ATA with Teleport (Misco seems to sell it but no stock), Zyxel
    >> with lifeline (couldn't find one in stock) .. and lastly the Linksys
    >> PAP2 (few in stock but not from major online retailer). Any help is
    >> really appreciated.
    >>

    >You could try
    >
    >http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk
    >
    >They delivered my spa-2002 the next day.
    >
    >If you are linking to PSTN you might want to look at spa-3000
    >
    >Although not the cheapest, I am very pleased with the spa2002 and the fast
    >service from Broadbandstuff
    >
    >John DH
    >
    >P.S. There is not much in the way of documentation that comes with the kit,
    >but there are plenty of resources here and at voxila.com to get you started.

    Voipfone are advising of a shortage of Sipura/Linksys inventory
    throughout Europe - I'm not sure how this is reflected among specific
    ITSPs.

    I can't fault your recommendation of SPA-XXXX devices though.

    Mark, Jan 25, 2006
  4. WiraOne wrote:

    > I'm in a mid of choosing which VOIP ATA is suitable for my usage. I'm
    > currently on NTL 2Mbps broadband and using Linksys WRT54GS (still
    > virgin, not flashed with 3rd party firmware yet). I'm currently looking
    > for VOIP ATA which supports standard VOIP features, linking to standard
    > PSTN phone will be a good option too. It seems that there're not that
    > many budget VOIP ATAs available out there in the market and most of
    > them, couldn't find them in stock either. I've narrowed my search down
    > to ZOOM ATA with Teleport (Misco seems to sell it but no stock), Zyxel
    > with lifeline (couldn't find one in stock) .. and lastly the Linksys
    > PAP2 (few in stock but not from major online retailer). Any help is
    > really appreciated.

    Grandstream do some good operational ATAs too. They may not look that
    attractive but they seem to work just fine. I use a HT286 myself but know
    others who also use their products.

    Andrew

    Andrew (G0RVM), Jan 25, 2006
  5. WiraOne

    WiraOne Guest

    Thanks all .. finally, went for Linksys PAP2 from broadbandstuff ..
    from some google search result, it seems to be the same as SPA-2002.
    Waiting for the delivery and most probably more questions to the group
    later :)

    WiraOne, Jan 26, 2006
  6. WiraOne

    Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 20:09:38 GMT, "Andrew (G0RVM)"
    <> wrote:

    >Grandstream do some good operational ATAs too. They may not look that
    >attractive but they seem to work just fine. I use a HT286 myself but know
    >others who also use their products.

    Yes, I have a PAP2 and an ATA486. The 486 is much less elegant in
    looks, but it works just fine.

    , Jan 26, 2006
  7. WiraOne

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 20:09:38 GMT, "Andrew (G0RVM)"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Grandstream do some good operational ATAs too. They
    > > may not look that attractive but they seem to work just
    > > fine. I use a HT286 myself but know others who also
    > > use their products.

    > Yes, I have a PAP2 and an ATA486. The 486 is much less
    > elegant in looks, but it works just fine.

    However it only has a single phone port and has far less configurable
    options. I prefer anything from the Sipura range myself.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 26, 2006
  8. WiraOne

    Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:06:04 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >However it only has a single phone port and has far less configurable
    >options.

    It has a network port and a port for a POTS line. Yes, it is less
    configurable, but it works well enough.

    , Jan 27, 2006
  9. WiraOne

    Tim Bray Guest

    WiraOne wrote:
    > Thanks all .. finally, went for Linksys PAP2 from broadbandstuff ..
    > from some google search result, it seems to be the same as SPA-2002.

    It isn't quite the same.

    Different firmware, and some slight differences to the circuit.

    Tim

    Tim Bray, Jan 27, 2006