VoIP Appliance Solution: suggestion

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by giovanni.costagliola@gmail.com, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello all,
    I'm starting to analyze a VoIP solution for my office. Honestly it's
    a job very very far from my ordinary work so I tought it was a sane
    idea starting to get some help about analyzing the feasability of the
    project.

    We are a company with about 30 people, the majority of whom work as
    consultants directly on the customers.

    I would like to introduce a VoIP solution that would allow us to:
    1. virtualize the office presence of the people. I mean that a call to
    our office can be dispatched outside directly on the PC of a collegue,
    possibile using an extension numbering
    2. conference call among collegues and/or customers that call to our
    office
    3. logging of the calls, possibly recording on-demand the dialogue
    4. personal pbox possibly managed via web
    5. (desired) In the case the user is not connected to the VoIP server
    there will be an attempt to reach her/him on her/his mobile phone
    (using one of the PSTN traditional lines). This requirement is indeed a
    "desiderata", not strictly necessarry if the complexity/cost would be
    too expensive.

    I figure out that could exist an appliance that can solve all these
    problems at once: a black box that act a server for the VoIP clients
    installed on the laptops of my collegues and that is interfaced with
    our switchboard.

    Does anyone help me to point on the right direction?

    , Sep 29, 2006

  2. Gopi Guest

    mypeople phone service offers exciting features like making VOIP calls
    from cell phones, calling people using their first name, one call tell
    all etc.
    you may want to check if this suits your requirement.
    http://www.mypeople.com

    Gopi

    Gopi, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Gopi Guest

    Use this coupon code if you are interested in signing up '1000128012'

    Gopi, Sep 29, 2006
  4. "Gopi" <> wrote in message
    > Use this coupon code if you are interested in signing up '1000128012'

    Please stop spamming the group. Your provider is not the answer to
    everyone's problem!

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Oct 1, 2006
  5. <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone help me to point on the right direction?

    Giovanni,

    An Asterisk iPBX can do all of these things. If you want an appliance as
    opposed to a box you more directly install/control/etc, you might want to
    check into Fonality and other Asterisk PBX vendors.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Oct 1, 2006
  6. Gopi Guest

    Dont Know why you think this is spamming. I suggested this provider,
    knowing about some of the features available. You could have taken a
    look and ignored if it does not suit your requirements.

    Gopi

    Gopi, Oct 2, 2006
  7. Guest

    Gopi wrote:
    > Dont Know why you think this is spamming. I suggested this provider,
    > knowing about some of the features available. You could have taken a
    > look and ignored if it does not suit your requirements.
    >
    > Gopi
    >

    > Jonathan Roberts wrote:
    > > "Gopi" <> wrote in message
    > > > Use this coupon code if you are interested in signing up '1000128012'
    > > >

    > > Please stop spamming the group. Your provider is not the answer to
    > > everyone's problem!
    > >
    > > Jonathan

    I'm agree with Jonathan, you're reply only wasted my time to realize
    that that product IS NOT SUITABLE for my needs!

    You did SPAM beacuse you didn't take in consideration my post at all.

    Regards

    , Oct 2, 2006