    (maybe once a month). Having a second line would be a waste.
    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you!

    The Great Uvageez, Jan 29, 2005

  2. The Great Uvageez

    Rick Merrill Guest

    The Great Uvageez wrote:

    > I am currently in search for a VoIP provider as SBC is the only land
    > line solution in my area and I no longer like the way they treat their
    > customers.
    >
    > I'm leaning tward Vonage, but my question is, does any of the VoIP
    > providers have issues when FAXing over the primary line? I know Vonage
    > can add a dedicated FAX line for $9.99, but I don't do a lot of FAXing
    > (maybe once a month). Having a second line would be a waste.
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    ATT CallVantage says to check with them before using a FAX as only
    certain types are supported.

    Rick Merrill, Jan 30, 2005

  3. The Great Uvageez

    p Guest

    In article ID <>, "The
    Great Uvageez" <> writes:

    >I'm leaning tward Vonage, but my question is, does any of the VoIP
    >providers have issues when FAXing over the primary line? I know Vonage
    >can add a dedicated FAX line for $9.99, but I don't do a lot of FAXing
    >(maybe once a month). Having a second line would be a waste.
    >Any help would be appreciated.

    Faxing is supported over the primary line. The dedicated fax line is so you
    have a dedicated fax number.

    p, Jan 30, 2005
  4. The Great Uvageez

    Guest

    Rick Merrill wrote:
    > The Great Uvageez wrote:
    >
    >> I am currently in search for a VoIP provider as SBC is the only land
    >> line solution in my area and I no longer like the way they treat their
    >> customers.
    >>
    >> I'm leaning tward Vonage, but my question is, does any of the VoIP
    >> providers have issues when FAXing over the primary line? I know Vonage
    >> can add a dedicated FAX line for $9.99, but I don't do a lot of FAXing
    >> (maybe once a month). Having a second line would be a waste.
    >> Any help would be appreciated.

    > ATT CallVantage says to check with them before using a FAX as only
    > certain types are supported.

    I have faxed on my one and only vonage line and have had no problem. I
    have a very simple Brother Intellifax

    , Jan 31, 2005
  5. On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 06:46:14 -0800, The Great Uvageez wrote:

    > I'm leaning tward Vonage, but my question is, does any of the VoIP
    > providers have issues when FAXing over the primary line? I know Vonage
    > can add a dedicated FAX line for $9.99, but I don't do a lot of FAXing
    > (maybe once a month). Having a second line would be a waste. Any help
    > would be appreciated.

    I have setup a fax-service at www.k7.net for free. Only drawback is that
    it requeires a call to it at least every 4 weeks - I've setup my server to
    automatically send a fax every 3 weeks to ensure that ;-)

    Henning Wangerin, Feb 1, 2005