    Are there some VoIPs that allow conference calling , for free if possible ?

    Thanks,
    Frank

    FTR, Feb 22, 2006

  2. On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 01:18:01 +0100, FTR <> wrote:

    >We tried to skype with a colleague that uses an AOL account. However,
    >he did not get Skype work with AOL. We used Skype as we looked for a
    >low-cost conference call app that is easy to handle.
    >
    >Is AOL the culprit and kills Skype?
    >
    >Are there some VoIPs that allow conference calling , for free if possible ?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Frank

    I use Skype and AOL too, i have no problems, neither to AOL members
    nor to others. Maybe you have any trouble with a router / firewall or
    something else. Do you see an error message ?

    Oliver Moritz, Feb 22, 2006

  3. FTR

    FTR Guest

    Oliver Moritz wrote:
    > On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 01:18:01 +0100, FTR <> wrote:
    >
    >> We tried to skype with a colleague that uses an AOL account. However,
    >> he did not get Skype work with AOL. We used Skype as we looked for a
    >> low-cost conference call app that is easy to handle.
    >>
    >> Is AOL the culprit and kills Skype?
    >>
    >> Are there some VoIPs that allow conference calling , for free if possible ?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Frank

    > I use Skype and AOL too, i have no problems, neither to AOL members
    > nor to others. Maybe you have any trouble with a router / firewall or
    > something else. Do you see an error message ?

    This is an important info. It's not me that uses AOL but the British
    colleague. I always suspected a firewall to be the problem. Which are
    the ports used by Skype ?

    FT

    FTR, Feb 22, 2006
  4. On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:07:38 +0100, FTR <> wrote:

    >Oliver Moritz wrote:
    >> On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 01:18:01 +0100, FTR <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> We tried to skype with a colleague that uses an AOL account. However,
    >>> he did not get Skype work with AOL. We used Skype as we looked for a
    >>> low-cost conference call app that is easy to handle.
    >>>
    >>> Is AOL the culprit and kills Skype?
    >>>
    >>> Are there some VoIPs that allow conference calling , for free if possible ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Frank

    >> I use Skype and AOL too, i have no problems, neither to AOL members
    >> nor to others. Maybe you have any trouble with a router / firewall or
    >> something else. Do you see an error message ?
    >>

    >This is an important info. It's not me that uses AOL but the British
    >colleague. I always suspected a firewall to be the problem. Which are
    >the ports used by Skype ?
    >
    >FT

    I hope these informations will help you:

    http://www.skype.com/help/guides/firewall.html

    Greets, Oliver

    Oliver Moritz, Feb 22, 2006