    I considered using multiple SPA3102s as multiple trunk lines and using
    failover - but figured there must be a nicer solution. I'm tempted to
    insist on using ISDN2.

    JoeH, Apr 16, 2007

  2. JoeH

    Tim Guest

    JoeH wrote:
    > I considered using multiple SPA3102s as multiple trunk lines and using
    > failover - but figured there must be a nicer solution. I'm tempted to
    > insist on using ISDN2.

    ISDN2 is the way forwards. You may save a bit of money faffing with
    gateways, but ISDN lines are so much nicer to work with. Do you really
    want a customer who just wants to the cheapest answer?

    Or use SIP trunks with a dedicated DSL line, or a decently qos box with
    a good router (AR7 chipset, no ALG) and proper filtering of the DSL from
    the analogue.

    Tim

    Tim, Apr 17, 2007

  3. "JoeH" <> wrote in message
    > Our typical VoIP installations utilise ISDN Gateways (BRI&PRI). I have
    > a requirement to install a PBX but to interface the PSTN network using
    > analogue lines (2 x FXO). In the past I have tried both Clipcomm and
    > Grandstream gateways but have had limited success in getting these to
    > work. The problems were generally related to echo, gain and the
    > inability to detect both hangups, ringing and callerID in some cases.
    > Compared to ISDN, they're a right pain...
    >
    > I've got the most recent Grandstream 4104 gateways but the volume is
    > far too low, even when the gain is adjusted. I was wondering if
    > anybody can suggest an analogue gateway that works well on BT phone
    > lines? How do you find the quality compared to say an ISDN BRI
    > circuit?
    >
    > I considered using multiple SPA3102s as multiple trunk lines and using
    > failover - but figured there must be a nicer solution. I'm tempted to
    > insist on using ISDN2.

    I would suggest using a FritzBox. Even the simplest model ('Classic').
    satisfies yout requirements. Omit using the ADSL modem and connect to LAN +
    (incoming) ISDN from whereever you want. Nice and quality solution for
    ISDN-PSTN conversion and you can use the (10) SIP account possibilities at
    the same time.

    Alternative: a FritzBox Surf & Phone box, ISDN in/out + 3x analog. No SIP,
    no ADSL modem. I have one for E 20 + postage, as new in original box. The
    'Surf' refers to the possibiliti to connect a PC (serial) and use the
    serial/ISDN conversion.

    Grz Henk

    Henk van Andel, Apr 17, 2007