    this version of PHP isn't supported, but would that cause the problem I
    am experiencing?)

    Brian.
    Brian Jones, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Brian Jones

    Neil Smith Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:01:51 -0400, Brian Jones
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have been experiencing problems trying to record to a PHP file using
    >VoiceXML.
    >
    >I have PHP compiled to handle chunked encoding. The message records
    >fine, and data gets sent (posted) to the server. However, the POST does
    >not seem to terminate properly and the request timesout (while the PHP
    >file never gets executed).

    How long is your script timeout ? Default is 30 seconds, only a guess
    but perhaps the script timeout happens before the complete file is
    uploaded ?

    Cheers - Neil.

    >Any ideas? IOS 12.2(15)T5 on a CISCO AS5350. PHP version 4.3.2 (I know
    >this version of PHP isn't supported, but would that cause the problem I
    >am experiencing?)
    >
    >Brian.

    CaptionKit http://www.captionkit.com : Production tools
    for accessible subtitled internet media, transcripts
    and searchable video. Supports Real Player, Quicktime
    and Windows Media Player.

    VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
    day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
    for a connected world.
    Neil Smith, Jul 29, 2003

  3. Brian Jones

    Brian Jones Guest

    It's not your typical timeout scenario. The recording does finish,
    however, the POST request doesn't appear to terminate properly. So as
    the VXML application continues to be processed the server is still
    waiting for the recording to complete. I guess it's the chunked
    encoding that messes everything up since the audio file has to be
    streamed to the server as it's being recorded, and chunked encoding must
    be used since the file size is unknown.

    I did solve the problem though. Apparently, it was the version of PHP
    that I was running (4.3.2). CISCO supports version 4.0.3, but I
    couldn't get that to run on my server without causing segmentation
    faults so I used 4.0.4pl1 instead (which is used in one of the cisco
    docs). It would have been much more helpful if CISCO was more specific
    in their docs that newer versions of PHP won't work. Also, I would very
    much like to know why newer versions of PHP don't work. Guess I'll have
    to go through the changelogs (I know there was at one time a security
    exploit involving file transfers, maybe that has something to do with it).

    Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your help Neil!!! We need more
    documentation on CISCO's VXML implementation!!!

    Brian.

    Brian Jones, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Brian Jones

    KHALID

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    VOIP - VoiceXML recording to http (php)

    I had tried to implement this solution for a long time I use AS5350 and tried several IOS. I appreciate if you share your experience with me any document hint sample code will be appreciated (I had tried all the acme sample code but when ever I try to change any peace of the code it fail I used windows but willing to use Linux if it can help)
    KHALID, Sep 14, 2006