    just pay Vonage for a SoftPhone line, but then I have two lines no
    one unified line..

    Thanks for your help

    FlatCreek, Oct 13, 2005

  2. FlatCreek

    Sekhar Guest

    I can't think of any other than BroadVoice. I used to have BV until
    last year when I had crappy voice and underterministic dead line. No
    idea how the service is now..

    Sekhar.

    Sekhar, Oct 14, 2005

  3. FlatCreek

    Guest

    FlatCreek wrote:
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > Does anyone have experience with
    > VoiceStick? I just signed up for
    > Vonage and now realize that was a mistake. I want to be able to use my
    > computer directly for phone calls preferably through Outlook, and I
    > need virtual numbers in multiple area codes. VoiceStick has the
    > softphone, but not the virtual numbers... any suggestions? I could
    > just pay Vonage for a SoftPhone line, but then I have two lines not
    > one unified line...
    >
    > Thanks for your help!

    I've never heard of VoiceStick. Do you have any further information
    about them?

    , Oct 17, 2005
  4. FlatCreek

    FlatCreek Guest

    I've read a couple of articles that mention the product and wa
    looking for more shared ignorance. :p They've been getting some goo
    press lately, I just don't know as much about them as, say, Vonage o
    Packet8. Their main product seems to be a USB stick w/ the softwar
    loaded on it, so you can access the softphone from any computer. Yo
    can also download the software online (although I've had troubl
    getting it through Norton Security) or they have a phone adapter fo
    $70

    A couple of key features that seem to be missing are the ability t
    have virtual numbers (different area codes that ring to the sam
    place) and a business-class PBX option w/ extensions, transfers
    etc

    They do have this really cool feature where you can setup you
    landline or physical phone number, then use VoiceStick as a relay t
    make long distance calls. So if the area code of your VoiceStick lin
    is local for your landline, you just call your VoiceStick number, i
    picks up the caller ID, then directs you to enter the number you wan
    to call. This is also helpful for a SOHO if you want to have th
    caller ID be something other than your home line

    I've had it about a week now and it seems to be working very well. W
    traveled out of town this weekend, and the people we stayed with ha
    no cell coverage in the house, but they did have wifi, so I was abl
    to make several business calls from the laptop using the softphon
    and without using their long distance

    Also, I just found this little adapter from Radio Shack that lets yo
    use your cellphone headset on your computer, so you don't have to lu
    around a separate headset o
    mic.http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=42-242

    FlatCreek, Oct 19, 2005
  5. FlatCreek

    Guest

    Re: re:VoiceStick?

    I'd like to try their service, and found they currently offer a promo
    that
    an existing user send an invitation email to one of his friends, the
    one
    signed using the email will get credit of 24.99. Can you send me such
    an email?
    Thanks

    FlatCreek wrote:
    > I've read a couple of articles that mention the product and was
    > looking for more shared ignorance. :p They've been getting some good
    > press lately, I just don't know as much about them as, say, Vonage or
    > Packet8. Their main product seems to be a USB stick w/ the software
    > loaded on it, so you can access the softphone from any computer. You
    > can also download the software online (although I've had trouble
    > getting it through Norton Security) or they have a phone adapter for
    > $70.
    >
    > A couple of key features that seem to be missing are the ability to
    > have virtual numbers (different area codes that ring to the same
    > place) and a business-class PBX option w/ extensions, transfers,
    > etc.
    >
    > They do have this really cool feature where you can setup your
    > landline or physical phone number, then use VoiceStick as a relay to
    > make long distance calls. So if the area code of your VoiceStick line
    > is local for your landline, you just call your VoiceStick number, it
    > picks up the caller ID, then directs you to enter the number you want
    > to call. This is also helpful for a SOHO if you want to have the
    > caller ID be something other than your home line.
    >
    > I've had it about a week now and it seems to be working very well. We
    > traveled out of town this weekend, and the people we stayed with had
    > no cell coverage in the house, but they did have wifi, so I was able
    > to make several business calls from the laptop using the softphone
    > and without using their long distance.
    >
    > Also, I just found this little adapter from Radio Shack that lets you
    > use your cellphone headset on your computer, so you don't have to lug
    > around a separate headset or
    > mic.http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=42-2428

    , Nov 2, 2005
  6. FlatCreek

    ken sims Guest

    Just saw the Voicestick latest promo at one of their agents sites.

    They have a deal on a free local number with voicemail and you get a $
    trial credit for calling.

    Or if you sign up for the $19.99 plan you get $20

    Or the $25 plan you get $25

    Saw it at www.freeusaphonecalls.co

    --
    ken sims