Voicemail system on a windows PC

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by JPG, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. JPG

    JPG Guest

    I need to be able to set up a voicemail system on a Windows XPH PC that allows
    me to record at least two different outgoing messages. These messages would
    become valid at different times of day. Eg, during business hours an
    appropriate outgoing business message allowing the caller to record a message.
    Outside business hours a different outgoing message with the recording facility
    turned off.

    Previous responders have mentioned Asterix, but the information on it seems
    overly technical and I am not convinced it is stable or even appropriate for
    Windows (XPH).

    I have so far only tinkered with Sipgate and X-lite and have used it to call
    0800 numbers and receive calls, but the whole experience has been
    unsatisfactory, as I need the PC speakers turned up to hear an incoming call, I
    then have to grab the headset and turn the speakers down, an overly complicated
    procedure when just using a telephone. I have been reluctant to spend on VOIP
    phones or ATAs as I'm not sure I wish to go down this route yet. As I have
    cable broadband there could be some savings for me. Any suggestions?

    JPG
    JPG, Aug 2, 2005

  2. JPG

    Angus Comber Guest

    There is an Asterisk port for Windows - but I hear it is really for Windows
    people to install and test. It is surely well over the top for what you
    need anyway. Asterisk is a full PBX with EVERYTHING!

    Why don't you just buy a modem - they usually come with voicemail software.
    Just use that.

    Angus

    Angus Comber, Aug 5, 2005