    my card. This has been going on for 6 months and they don't respond by
    phone or mail. When I call they just put me on hold.

    , Sep 9, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I have called voiceglo and been put on hold for 2 hours. I have written
    > to them to cancel my account and stop charging me but they do not
    > respond. Can anyone say how I can stop them from continually charging
    > my card. This has been going on for 6 months and they don't respond by
    > phone or mail. When I call they just put me on hold.

    Stop payments via your card company.

    --
    Duh!

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 9, 2005

  3. Old Gringo Guest

    wrote:
    > I have called voiceglo and been put on hold for 2 hours. I have written
    > to them to cancel my account and stop charging me but they do not
    > respond. Can anyone say how I can stop them from continually charging
    > my card. This has been going on for 6 months and they don't respond by
    > phone or mail. When I call they just put me on hold.

    Can you logon to your account and terminate the account? Looks like
    they are a rip-off from the word go.

    7. RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES
    a. Mandatory Arbitration
    Any dispute or claim between Subscriber and the Company arising out
    of or relating to the Service provided in connection with this
    Agreement shall be resolved by arbitration before a single arbitrator
    administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance
    with its Commercial Arbitration Rules. Judgment on the award rendered
    by the arbitrators may be entered in any court having jurisdiction
    thereof. All claims shall be arbitrated individually and Subscriber
    will not bring, or join a punitive or certified class action to
    arbitration or seek to consolidate or bring previously consolidated
    claims in arbitration. The arbitrator shall have no authority to
    award punitive damages. Subscriber acknowledges that this arbitration
    provision constitutes a waiver of any right to a jury trial.

    Good Luck: Advice from Brian H sounds good to me.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Sep 9, 2005
  4. JANA Guest

    You should send them a registered letter that you no longer want their
    services, and that they are to stop charging fees to your card. Make sure
    that you send two such letters, and keep a copy of each one. Make one letter
    addressed to their billing department, and one addressed to their customer
    service department. Have the letter regisistered so that you get a
    postal-card back that the letter has been signed for. Also, make sure you
    get the name of the person who signed for the letter.

    After the next month, call your card company and tell them you lost your
    card. Make sure you did not use it for a few days before, and tell them that
    it has been missing for a few days. They will first do a temporary
    suspension on it, in case you find it. A day or two later, call them back,
    and tell them that it still did not turn up, and you really need it. Tell
    them that for your security, you would like a new account on a new card, so
    that you will be safe.

    When you have the new card, if required, you have to simply call it in to
    everyone who you need and want to know it. After another period of time,
    according to the card companies policy, they will stop accepting charges to
    your old card number.

    Eventually this company who is billing you, may call you for a collection.
    You can then tell them that you are not using their service, and are
    refusing to pay them. Remind them of the registered letter that was sent,
    and tell them that the account was changed, in order to prevent farther
    charges.

    If they do not have a physical signature from you that you agreed to pay
    them anything more, they would have a difficult time to take legal recourse
    for collection, if it would go that far.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Sep 9, 2005