    $100. Anyone have any suggestions as to a decent program? He's using
    Windows 2000 and will probably being using MS Word. Thanks.

    , Feb 21, 2005

  2. Dave Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm looking for suggestions to a reliable voice recognition software
    > program for a friend who claims not to be able to type. I've seen
    > anywhere from $10 through $700. He'd like to keep the cost around
    > $100. Anyone have any suggestions as to a decent program? He's using
    > Windows 2000 and will probably being using MS Word. Thanks.

    I'm not sure about Word alone, but I have Office XP and it comes with voice
    recognition. Maybe his version of Word has it. Or if you mean he will be
    buying Word, than XP and 2003 come with Voice Recognition.

    Dave

    Dave, Feb 21, 2005

  3. Mac attack Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm looking for suggestions to a reliable voice recognition software
    > program for a friend who claims not to be able to type. I've seen
    > anywhere from $10 through $700. He'd like to keep the cost around
    > $100. Anyone have any suggestions as to a decent program? He's using
    > Windows 2000 and will probably being using MS Word. Thanks.

    Check here for a how to:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030844541033.aspx

    Mac attack, Feb 21, 2005