    packet loss echo delay etc ...

    Thanks for any advice.

    , Apr 18, 2006

  2. Tim Bray Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi !
    >
    > Does anyone know free software, to measure voice quality in MOS scale
    > (P.800, PSQM, or whatever)? I spent a lot of time on google but didn't
    > find anything free :(. It would be nice if it could measure jitter
    > packet loss echo delay etc ...

    Ethereal on the receiving end can produce pretty graphs and statistics.
    Not much use for large scale monitoring though.

    Tim

    Tim Bray, Apr 19, 2006

  3. On 18 Apr 2006 12:59:48 -0700, wrote:

    >Hi !
    >
    >Does anyone know free software, to measure voice quality in MOS scale
    >(P.800, PSQM, or whatever)? I spent a lot of time on google but didn't
    >find anything free :(. It would be nice if it could measure jitter
    >packet loss echo delay etc ...

    There are web sites that try to predict what MOS you will get if you
    made a voip call to various destinations. Would that help, or you
    trying to take measurements of actual calls?

    In case they're useful:
    http://www.testyourvoip.com/
    http://www.3sqm.com/onlinetest/

    Darren J Longhorn, Apr 23, 2006
  4. Guest

    Hi !

    I try to find out MOS in my intranet. I've find some free tools for
    voip, but they actually evaluate number for calls ( for SIP, H3232 etc)
    not for voice quality.
    Thanks for links.

    , Apr 29, 2006