    guarantee. Voice Plus has a $15/month plan that would be good for me.
    With Vonage I'd have to pay $25/month. Any comments on sound quality
    with these 2 companies? I use a cable modem with a LinkSys router.

    Bill Zink, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Bill Zink

    Bill Zink Guest

    Meant to say Voice Pulse.

    Bill Zink, Jan 14, 2004

  3. >guarantee. Voice Pulse has a $15/month plan that would be good for me.
    >With Vonage I'd have to pay $25/month. Any comments on sound quality
    >with these 2 companies? I use a cable modem with a LinkSys router.

    The Voicepulse $15 plan is local unlimited plus 200 national minutes.
    Vonage also has a $15 plan with 500 national minutes.

    The voice quality with Vonage depends on how busy the net is between
    your ISP and their gateway. For me, it's crummy on weekday mornings,
    pretty good otherwise. I haven't used Voicepulse but from what little
    I've heard, their sound quality should be similar.

    Voicepulse has more features, e.g. different ring for certain numbers
    you like, permanent busy signal for people you don't like. Vonage
    offers local numbers in a lot more parts of the country than
    Voicepulse.

    John R. Levine, Jan 16, 2004