voice on phone

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by James Probert, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. jims troubles when working offline phone rings american lady operator
    talking on phone line help me please how do i get rid jim P
    James Probert, Jul 20, 2003

  2. James Probert

    Kraftee Guest

    > jims troubles when working offline phone rings american lady
    operator
    > talking on phone line help me please how do i get rid jim P

    Put the phone down maybe??

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....
    Kraftee, Jul 20, 2003

  3. James Probert

    °Mike° Guest

    Huh!?

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/capitals.htm
    http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/marks.htm
    http://www.davidappleyard.com/punctuation.htm
    http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/local/doc/punctuation/node02.html

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:58:18 +0100, in
    <4vwSa.5232$>
    James Probert scrawled:

    >jims troubles when working offline phone rings american lady operator
    >talking on phone line help me please how do i get rid jim P

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 20, 2003
  4. James Probert

    DC Guest

    James Probert wrote:

    > jims troubles when working offline phone rings american lady operator
    > talking on phone line help me please how do i get rid jim P

    Do you always speak about yourself in the 3rd person?

    --
    DC

    Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to be is like
    shitting in your pants because that's where your asshole happened to be.
    DC, Jul 20, 2003
  5. DC wrote:

    > James Probert wrote:

    >> jims troubles when working offline phone rings american lady operator
    >> talking on phone line help me please how do i get rid jim P

    > Do you always speak about yourself in the 3rd person?

    I've seen Blinky do that, once in a while.

    With even a modicum of punctuation and other good form, one can get away
    with it. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    Spam: The Boulder Pledge http://snurl.com/bpledge
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 20, 2003
  6. James Probert

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > DC wrote:
    >
    >> James Probert wrote:

    >>> jims troubles when working offline phone rings american lady operator
    >>> talking on phone line help me please how do i get rid jim P

    >> Do you always speak about yourself in the 3rd person?

    > I've seen Blinky do that, once in a while.
    >
    > With even a modicum of punctuation and other good form, one can get away
    > with it. :)

    DC understands exactly what you mean. }:O)

    DC, Jul 20, 2003
  7. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:34:56
    +0100, °Mike° uttered this:
    >Huh!?
    >
    >http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    >
    >http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/capitals.htm
    >http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/marks.htm
    >http://www.davidappleyard.com/punctuation.htm
    >http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/local/doc/punctuation/node02.html
    >

    >On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:58:18 +0100, in
    > <4vwSa.5232$>
    > James Probert scrawled:
    >
    >>jims troubles when working offline phone rings american lady operator
    >>talking on phone line help me please how do i get rid jim P

    I thought it was gangle 7, trying to do an impression of a human, doing an
    impression of gangle 7.....if you see what I mean.
    William Poaster, Jul 20, 2003
  8. James Probert

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:19:00 +0100, in
    <>
    William Poaster scrawled:

    >This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:34:56
    >+0100, °Mike° uttered this:
    >>Huh!?

    <snip>

    >>On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:58:18 +0100, in
    >> <4vwSa.5232$>
    >> James Probert scrawled:
    >>
    >>>jims troubles when working offline phone rings american lady operator
    >>>talking on phone line help me please how do i get rid jim P

    >I thought it was gangle 7, trying to do an impression of a human,
    >doing an impression of gangle 7.....if you see what I mean.

    At least with gangle7 you can get the help of your pet hamster. :)

    --
    "Evolution doesn't take prisoners."
    °Mike°, Jul 20, 2003
  9. DC wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> DC wrote:

    >>> Do you always speak about yourself in the 3rd person?

    >> I've seen Blinky do that, once in a while.

    >> With even a modicum of punctuation and other good form, one can get away
    >> with it. :)

    > DC understands exactly what you mean. }:O)

    Re your sig: Blinky saw that, the other day, too. For the record, it first
    appears in GGroups in August '01. Yes, Blinky kept it, too. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 20, 2003
  10. James Probert

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:46:18 +0100, in
    <YYESa.1993$>
    Brian H¹© scrawled:

    > °Mike° said:
    >
    >> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:19:00 +0100, in
    >> <>
    >> William Poaster scrawled:
    >>
    >>> This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 20 Jul 2003
    >>> 17:34:56 +0100, °Mike° uttered this:

    >> <snip>

    >>> I thought it was gangle 7, trying to do an impression of a human,
    >>> doing an impression of gangle 7.....if you see what I mean.

    >> At least with gangle7 you can get the help of your pet hamster. :)

    >Shh, don't let Freddie hear you talking about hamsters ;-)

    "It's just a PUPPET!"

    --
    "I know, that's not Freddie."
    °Mike°, Jul 20, 2003