    i'm in montreal. if one of the local stores has it, i'd like
    to get it.

    thanks

    king kong, Apr 11, 2006

  2. king kong

    Peaches Guest

    "king kong" <> wrote in message
    news:T4K_f.31166$...
    >i don't know how to look for what i want.
    >
    > i would like to install a dialup modem into my cpu, but with
    > voice capability.
    > i'd like to use my headset for speaking/hearing.
    >
    > do i have to look for a modem that says it is voice capable
    > ?
    >
    > hellllp.
    > i'm in montreal. if one of the local stores has it, i'd like
    > to get it.
    >
    > thanks

    You are a little bit confused, or you've confused me?
    Do you intend to make online phonecalls?
    If so, that is specific PC software and a web service.
    Your headset/mic connects to a supplied external USB
    hub or your soundcards inputs etc.
    Modem is for connecting to the web etc
    For above you require a hi-speed connection.
    Or.........
    Are you confused that with dial-up connections you
    lose the use of the telephone line? If so..........
    Thats the way it is, dial-up is oh so nineties.

    Peaches, Apr 11, 2006

  3. king kong

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-04-11, king kong <> wrote:
    > i don't know how to look for what i want.
    >
    > i would like to install a dialup modem into my cpu, but with
    > voice capability.
    > i'd like to use my headset for speaking/hearing.
    >
    > do i have to look for a modem that says it is voice capable
    > ?
    >
    > hellllp.
    > i'm in montreal. if one of the local stores has it, i'd like
    > to get it.
    >
    > thanks

    You do have to look for a modem that includes 'voice' in the description;
    most seem to these days anyway - and 'fax' too.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 11, 2006