    camera without the capability of recording audio when taking a
    picture. I have found that it greatly improves the memory of the
    momemt!

    Don Szenina, Oct 20, 2003

  2. Don Szenina

    Guest

    Don Szenina <> wrote:
    : I use the voice memo feature in the majority of my shots but I don't
    : use it to save a memo or annotate a picture. I use it to capture
    : audio of the event in the picture. Fur instance, if I'm taking a
    : picture of a couple dancing at a wedding reception, I capture 10-30
    : seconds of the song playing at that time, people laughing and making
    : comments. I usually put these pictures into a slide show. When the
    : slide show plays, the audio is played with each picture. I use JASC
    : Photo Album 4 for albums and slide shows. I have used this
    : extensively with my last 3 cameras (Epson 3000Z, Epson 3100Z, and Fuji
    : S602Z). I am hoping Fuji, Nikon or Canon will announce a new DSLR
    : with the voice memo feature. Anyway, I don't intend to buy another
    : camera without the capability of recording audio when taking a
    : picture. I have found that it greatly improves the memory of the
    : momemt!

    Although I have never used it, the Nikon D100 has it if you buy the
    battery pack that attaches to the bottom of the camera.

    Ray

    --
    E. Ray Lemar

    , Oct 20, 2003

  3. Don Szenina

    Dan R Guest

    Just bought a Nikon D100 w/ MBD100 Batt Pak. I do the same thing with audio
    and slide shows.

    My Videographer buddy says "You really wanna be a Videographer!" haha

    regards,
    Dan R.

    Dan R, Oct 20, 2003
  4. Don Szenina

    R Neutron Guest

    (Don Szenina) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I use the voice memo feature in the majority of my shots but I don't
    > use it to save a memo or annotate a picture. I use it to capture
    > audio of the event in the picture. Fur instance, if I'm taking a
    > picture of a couple dancing at a wedding reception, I capture 10-30
    > seconds of the song playing at that time, people laughing and making
    > comments. I usually put these pictures into a slide show. When the
    > slide show plays, the audio is played with each picture. I use JASC
    > Photo Album 4 for albums and slide shows. I have used this
    > extensively with my last 3 cameras (Epson 3000Z, Epson 3100Z, and Fuji
    > S602Z). I am hoping Fuji, Nikon or Canon will announce a new DSLR
    > with the voice memo feature. Anyway, I don't intend to buy another
    > camera without the capability of recording audio when taking a
    > picture. I have found that it greatly improves the memory of the
    > momemt!

    My son-in-law is building an addition on to their house and we've been
    kinda cast in the role of "documentarians". Having a great time at it
    too. I'm using the voice memo a lot. If not just to record the
    hammering woodbanging and uncut occasional swearing, its great.
    Sometimes I just record with the lenscover on (pushed to the extended
    time of I think 10-15 seconds) and it makes a great imagination
    enhancer while viewing your pics.

    R Neutron, Oct 20, 2003
  5. > I use the voice memo feature in the majority of my shots but I don't
    > use it to save a memo or annotate a picture. I use it to capture
    > audio of the event in the picture.

    I used to do this decades ago with a cassette recorder. Now looking at
    the pictures brings back SOME memory of the past event, but when you play
    a few seconds of sound, you remember a lot more about that event than the
    picture reminded you of.

    > Fur instance, if I'm taking a
    > picture of a couple dancing at a wedding reception, I capture 10-30
    > seconds of the song playing at that time, people laughing and making
    > comments. I usually put these pictures into a slide show. When the
    > slide show plays, the audio is played with each picture.

    If you are going that far, and making a presentation, you might want to
    consider using the movie mode.

    > S602Z). I am hoping Fuji, Nikon or Canon will announce a new DSLR
    > with the voice memo feature. Anyway, I don't intend to buy another
    > camera without the capability of recording audio when taking a
    > picture. I have found that it greatly improves the memory of the
    > momemt!

    Actually, rather than wasting memory by using sound on the camera, I still
    use a separate recorder and microphone. Plus, the microphone and quality
    of the audio is much better than what is in the camera.

    Proffesor Kleinschmidt, Oct 23, 2003
  6. > My Videographer buddy says "You really wanna be a Videographer!" haha

    That IS pretty funny.

    Proffesor Kleinschmidt, Oct 23, 2003