VoFR codec problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Dave, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Trying to force certain dial-peers to use a different codec. The
    following config we have setup in a lab. 2 MC3810's. 2 phones.
    Simulated WAN circuit using a serial cable between the 3810's with a
    DLCI of 231.

    Router A:
    dial-peer voice 1 pots
    destination-pattern 10
    port 1/1

    dial-peer voice 2 pots
    destination-pattern 11
    port 2/1

    dial-peer voice 101 vofr
    destination-pattern 2.
    session target Serial0 231

    dial-peer voice 102 vofr
    destination-pattern 20
    session target Serial0 231
    codec g711ulaw

    Router B:
    dial-peer voice 1 pots
    destination-pattern 20
    port 1/1

    dial-peer voice 2 pots
    destination-pattern 21
    port 2/1

    dial-peer voice 101 vofr
    destination-pattern 1.
    session target Serial0 231

    dial-peer voice 102 vofr
    destination-pattern 10
    session target Serial0 231
    codec g711ulaw

    When I try to call 10, it does not default to the codec I specified
    and vice-versa. It continues to use g729ar8. I verify this when I do a
    "show voice ports summary". Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

    Dave, Sep 22, 2004