    in but Motorola Phone tools cannot detect it and fails. What wonderful
    methods has anyone else found for hooking these up. BTW V3 but reports
    as V3r when detected by USB.
    Collector»NZ, Jul 9, 2007

  2. Collector»NZ

    Greg House Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 21:24:15 +1200, Collector»NZ <> wrote:

    >Dam why do they have to make it so hard, young lad who stays with me has
    >a Motorola V3 Razr, We now have MPT 4.04 and a USB cable, dam if it
    >always fails to install (win2k) USB detects the phone when it is pluged
    >in but Motorola Phone tools cannot detect it and fails. What wonderful
    >methods has anyone else found for hooking these up. BTW V3 but reports
    >as V3r when detected by USB.

    Go to the Moto site and register and dnload the 2.9 USB Drivers..

    http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/USB_Drivers/Handset_USB_Driver\

    The MPT is now upto to 4.51c from memory and has a online update.

    the MoTo USB cable gave me problems, I now use my Sony camera cable and now have none..
    Greg House, Jul 9, 2007

  3. Greg House wrote:
    > On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 21:24:15 +1200, Collector»NZ <> wrote:
    >

    >> Dam why do they have to make it so hard, young lad who stays with me has
    >> a Motorola V3 Razr, We now have MPT 4.04 and a USB cable, dam if it
    >> always fails to install (win2k) USB detects the phone when it is pluged
    >> in but Motorola Phone tools cannot detect it and fails. What wonderful
    >> methods has anyone else found for hooking these up. BTW V3 but reports
    >> as V3r when detected by USB.
    >>

    > Go to the Moto site and register and dnload the 2.9 USB Drivers..
    >
    > http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/USB_Drivers/Handset_USB_Driver\
    >
    > The MPT is now upto to 4.51c from memory and has a online update.
    >
    > the MoTo USB cable gave me problems, I now use my Sony camera cable and now have none..

    Will try that but I suspect it is a locked phone issue
    Collector»NZ, Jul 10, 2007
  4. Collector»NZ

    Greg House Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:20:25 +1200, Collector»NZ <> wrote:

    >Greg House wrote:
    >> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 21:24:15 +1200, Collector»NZ <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Dam why do they have to make it so hard, young lad who stays with me has
    >>> a Motorola V3 Razr, We now have MPT 4.04 and a USB cable, dam if it
    >>> always fails to install (win2k) USB detects the phone when it is pluged
    >>> in but Motorola Phone tools cannot detect it and fails. What wonderful
    >>> methods has anyone else found for hooking these up. BTW V3 but reports
    >>> as V3r when detected by USB.
    >>>

    >> Go to the Moto site and register and dnload the 2.9 USB Drivers..
    >>
    >> http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/USB_Drivers/Handset_USB_Driver\
    >>
    >> The MPT is now upto to 4.51c from memory and has a online update.
    >>
    >> the MoTo USB cable gave me problems, I now use my Sony camera cable and now have none..
    >>

    >Will try that but I suspect it is a locked phone issue

    This has nothing at all to do with a Locked phone, that will only show up if you change the Simm
    card, NZ phones are not locked and generic Imports are not locked unless they came from another
    Telco provider.
    Greg House, Jul 10, 2007
  5. Greg House wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:20:25 +1200, Collector»NZ <> wrote:
    >

    >> Greg House wrote:

    >>> Go to the Moto site and register and dnload the 2.9 USB Drivers..
    >>>
    >>> http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/USB_Drivers/Handset_USB_Driver\
    >>>
    >>> The MPT is now upto to 4.51c from memory and has a online update.
    >>>
    >>> the MoTo USB cable gave me problems, I now use my Sony camera cable and now have none..
    >>>

    >> Will try that but I suspect it is a locked phone issue
    >>

    > This has nothing at all to do with a Locked phone, that will only show up if you change the Simm
    > card, NZ phones are not locked and generic Imports are not locked unless they came from another
    > Telco provide

    Valuable info will try tonite with the new drivers
    Collector»NZ, Jul 10, 2007
  6. Collector»NZ

    Greg House Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:10:19 +1200, Collector»NZ <> wrote:

    >Greg House wrote:

    >>> Will try that but I suspect it is a locked phone issue
    >>>

    >> This has nothing at all to do with a Locked phone, that will only show up if you change the Simm
    >> card, NZ phones are not locked and generic Imports are not locked unless they came from another
    >> Telco provide
    >>

    >Valuable info will try tonite with the new drivers

    You also need to update the MPT as 4.04 the same as mine was, and did not see my V36V phone..

    Stack of sites on the Web for flashing and Moding MoTo phones, like adding iTunes, flashing back to
    a normal MoTo model, and theames , Skins etc.

    One of the better site.

    Yuet Blog - Motorola phone, J2ME, Mac
    About modding Motorola cell phone (V360, SLVR L7, V3i, RAZR V3, E398, ROKR, etc.), J2ME midlet and
    Mac.

    http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/10/yuetmod-mps-for-v360l7.html#allposts
    Greg House, Jul 10, 2007