    showing 40%, but the funny thing is the Tower is about 150M from here,
    but has a lot of tall trees in the line of site, but the tower is taller
    than the trees.
    William Brown, Jan 4, 2011

  2. William Brown

    Another Me Guest

    On 4/01/11 7:27 PM, William Brown wrote:

    > Gee we have 3 Phones 2 are the same and most of the Time only get one or
    > 2 bars for signal strength, even when I use Mobiledit it was only
    > showing 40%, but the funny thing is the Tower is about 150M from here,
    > but has a lot of tall trees in the line of site, but the tower is taller
    > than the trees.

    Get better phones. I live around 100 meters from a Vodafone site, get
    100% on both of my Vodafone phones, and on the three 2 Degrees phones we
    have. I also live 400 meters from a Telecom site, get next to no signal
    on the HTC crap WM phone I have.
    Another Me, Jan 4, 2011

  3. William Brown

    Richard Guest

    On 4/01/2011 7:27 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    > Gee we have 3 Phones 2 are the same and most of the Time only get one or
    > 2 bars for signal strength, even when I use Mobiledit it was only
    > showing 40%, but the funny thing is the Tower is about 150M from here,
    > but has a lot of tall trees in the line of site, but the tower is taller
    > than the trees.

    Is that tower compatible with your phones? There are lots of 2100MHz 2g
    only sites in urban areas, so if you only have a GSM phone that site is
    as good as useless to you.
    Richard, Jan 4, 2011
  4. William Brown

    Richard Guest

    On 4/01/2011 10:30 p.m., Richard wrote:
    > On 4/01/2011 7:27 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >>

    >> Gee we have 3 Phones 2 are the same and most of the Time only get one or
    >> 2 bars for signal strength, even when I use Mobiledit it was only
    >> showing 40%, but the funny thing is the Tower is about 150M from here,
    >> but has a lot of tall trees in the line of site, but the tower is taller
    >> than the trees.

    > Is that tower compatible with your phones? There are lots of 2100MHz 2g
    > only sites in urban areas, so if you only have a GSM phone that site is
    > as good as useless to you.

    Hmm, reading that again, of course I meant 2100MHz _3_ G sites... DOH!
    Noone else picked up on it tho...
    Richard, Jan 5, 2011
  5. On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 03:06:37 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >On 4/01/2011 10:30 p.m., Richard wrote:
    >> On 4/01/2011 7:27 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Gee we have 3 Phones 2 are the same and most of the Time only get one or
    >>> 2 bars for signal strength, even when I use Mobiledit it was only
    >>> showing 40%, but the funny thing is the Tower is about 150M from here,
    >>> but has a lot of tall trees in the line of site, but the tower is taller
    >>> than the trees.

    >> Is that tower compatible with your phones? There are lots of 2100MHz 2g
    >> only sites in urban areas, so if you only have a GSM phone that site is
    >> as good as useless to you.

    >Hmm, reading that again, of course I meant 2100MHz _3_ G sites... DOH!
    >Noone else picked up on it tho...

    Na this group is full of dorks just like me.
    William Brown, Jan 5, 2011
  6. William Brown

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-01-05, William Brown <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 03:06:37 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >>> Is that tower compatible with your phones? There are lots of 2100MHz 2g
    >>> only sites in urban areas, so if you only have a GSM phone that site is
    >>> as good as useless to you.

    >>Hmm, reading that again, of course I meant 2100MHz _3_ G sites... DOH!
    >>Noone else picked up on it tho...

    > Na this group is full of dorks just like me.

    Indeed. The award has gone for 2011 though. Sorry
    Gordon, Jan 7, 2011
  7. William Brown

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-01-04, Another Me <> wrote:
    > On 4/01/11 7:27 PM, William Brown wrote:
    >>

    >> Gee we have 3 Phones 2 are the same and most of the Time only get one or
    >> 2 bars for signal strength, even when I use Mobiledit it was only
    >> showing 40%, but the funny thing is the Tower is about 150M from here,
    >> but has a lot of tall trees in the line of site, but the tower is taller
    >> than the trees.

    > Get better phones. I live around 100 meters from a Vodafone site, get
    > 100% on both of my Vodafone phones, and on the three 2 Degrees phones we
    > have. I also live 400 meters from a Telecom site, get next to no signal
    > on the HTC crap WM phone I have.

    The conclusion jump is somewhat large.
    Gordon, Jan 7, 2011
  8. William Brown

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Gordon <> wrote in news::

    > but has a lot of tall trees in the line of site, but the tower is taller
    >>> than the trees.

    Yup, doesn't matter. Water is in the leaves and trunk and I am pretty sure
    this is blocking the signals. There are boosters available. You can also
    look into moving the antenna or moving the trees.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jan 7, 2011