    --
    Cheers

    Peter

    Peter, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Peter

    Dogg Guest

    On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:41:58 +1200, "Peter" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Is it true that you will be able to sent text messages to MS messenger
    >soon. At data rates..

    Who knows...but ICQ has had the ability to send SMS (free) to Vodafone
    for ages. Replying is patchy at best though.

    Dogg, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "Dogg" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:41:58 +1200, "Peter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi
    > >
    > >Is it true that you will be able to sent text messages to MS messenger
    > >soon. At data rates..

    > Who knows...but ICQ has had the ability to send SMS (free) to Vodafone

    I thought the receiever of a ICQ messeage had to pay 20c

    Peter, Jun 8, 2004
  4. Peter wrote:
    >>>Is it true that you will be able to sent text messages to MS messenger
    >>>soon. At data rates..

    >>Who knows...but ICQ has had the ability to send SMS (free) to Vodafone

    > I thought the receiever of a ICQ messeage had to pay 20c

    not according to my contract with Vodafone, and I havent noticed it on
    my bills.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 8, 2004
  5. Peter

    Dogg Guest

    On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 22:02:21 +1200, "Peter" <>
    wrote:

    <snip>

    >I thought the receiever of a ICQ messeage had to pay 20c

    No.

    Dogg, Jun 9, 2004
  6. Peter

    geoffm Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:34:20 +1200, Dogg <> wrote:

    >Who knows...but ICQ has had the ability to send SMS (free) to Vodafone
    >for ages. Replying is patchy at best though.

    and there is sms.ac and smspop which will send SMS to vodaphone.
    sms.ac is 5/day, but you have to wade through their webpage. Can't
    remember what the limit for SMSpop is. Bigfoot.com have a desktop sms
    proggie as well, which is what i use. Cheaper and easier than the
    phone.
    Geoff

    geoffm, Jun 9, 2004
  7. Peter

    ~misfit~ Guest

    geoffm wrote:
    > On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:34:20 +1200, Dogg <> wrote:
    >

    >> Who knows...but ICQ has had the ability to send SMS (free) to
    >> Vodafone for ages. Replying is patchy at best though.

    > and there is sms.ac and smspop which will send SMS to vodaphone.
    > sms.ac is 5/day, but you have to wade through their webpage. Can't
    > remember what the limit for SMSpop is. Bigfoot.com have a desktop sms
    > proggie as well, which is what i use. Cheaper and easier than the
    > phone.

    How much does it cost per message Geoff and how do you pay?

    Thanks,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Jun 10, 2004
  8. ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>>Who knows...but ICQ has had the ability to send SMS (free) to
    >>>Vodafone for ages. Replying is patchy at best though.

    >> and there is sms.ac and smspop which will send SMS to vodaphone.
    >>sms.ac is 5/day, but you have to wade through their webpage. Can't
    >>remember what the limit for SMSpop is. Bigfoot.com have a desktop sms
    >>proggie as well, which is what i use. Cheaper and easier than the
    >>phone.

    > How much does it cost per message Geoff and how do you pay?

    I use SMSpop and pay 7c per message, paid via Credit card, $20 at a time.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 10, 2004
  9. Peter

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> and there is sms.ac and smspop which will send SMS to vodaphone.
    >>> sms.ac is 5/day, but you have to wade through their webpage. Can't
    >>> remember what the limit for SMSpop is. Bigfoot.com have a desktop
    >>> sms proggie as well, which is what i use. Cheaper and easier than
    >>> the phone.

    >> How much does it cost per message Geoff and how do you pay?

    > I use SMSpop and pay 7c per message, paid via Credit card, $20 at a
    > time.

    Thanks for that Dave. No credit card though. I don't text much anyway, just
    looking at options.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Jun 10, 2004
  10. Peter

    Peter Guest

    How do you join SMSpop ?

    Peter, Jun 10, 2004
  11. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 10, 2004
  12. Peter

    geoffm Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:41:58 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <dave@no_spam_here_please.dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >>> and there is sms.ac and smspop which will send SMS to vodaphone.
    >>>sms.ac is 5/day, but you have to wade through their webpage. Can't
    >>>remember what the limit for SMSpop is. Bigfoot.com have a desktop sms
    >>>proggie as well, which is what i use. Cheaper and easier than the
    >>>phone.

    >> How much does it cost per message Geoff and how do you pay?

    >I use SMSpop and pay 7c per message, paid via Credit card, $20 at a time.

    http://sms.bigfoot.com/en/web_rates.jsp for bigfoot.com.
    Both SMSpop and bigfoot SMS come with some free credit when you
    download and register so you can try them out.
    www.sms.ac is 5 free per day, but you ahve to wade through their
    website. the programs above are so much easier and faster and
    convenient.
    I don't send a lot of SMS messages, but about 90% go from the PC.
    Geoff

    geoffm, Jun 11, 2004
  13. Peter

    ~misfit~ Guest

    geoffm wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:41:58 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    > <dave@no_spam_here_please.dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >>> How much does it cost per message Geoff and how do you pay?

    >> I use SMSpop and pay 7c per message, paid via Credit card, $20 at a
    >> time.

    > http://sms.bigfoot.com/en/web_rates.jsp for bigfoot.com.
    > Both SMSpop and bigfoot SMS come with some free credit when you
    > download and register so you can try them out.
    > www.sms.ac is 5 free per day, but you ahve to wade through their
    > website. the programs above are so much easier and faster and
    > convenient.
    > I don't send a lot of SMS messages, but about 90% go from the PC.
    > Geoff

    Thanks Geoff.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Jun 13, 2004
  14. Peter

    Ripping Silk Guest

    ICQ don't actually list Bellsouth (Vodafone NZ) as supported anymore.
    whereas once upon a time they were.
    sms from ICQ to Vf still works fine, tho like geoffm says.. reply is
    non-existent these days.. tho it USED to work great.

    Ripping Silk, Jun 16, 2004