    but is your house lined with lead, this happens sometimes". The more I
    think about it the weirder it sounds. Are there many reasons why people
    line their houses with lead?
    mikedane, Mar 1, 2007

  2. mikedane wrote:

    > Are there many reasons why people
    > line their houses with lead?

    Lex Luther has a reason.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 1, 2007

  3. mikedane <> wrote in message
    <>...

    > I've been having problems with my mobile phone, everyday from
    > lunchtime to about 10pm I can't receive calls. It started about 6
    > weeks ago and gotten much worse in the last few days. Vodafone have
    > done everything possible to pretend that there is no network problem,
    > although they now concede that a high number of calls are being
    > "dropped". But they still don't fix the problem.
    >
    > Anyway thats the whinge. This is the puzzling bit. A Vodafone
    > adviser said to me, regarding the reception problem, "I'm not being
    > funny or anything, but is your house lined with lead, this happens
    > sometimes". The more I think about it the weirder it sounds. Are
    > there many reasons why people line their houses with lead?

    Slow suicide. I have a quicker way. What's your email address?
    Dr. Jack Kevorkian, Mar 1, 2007
  4. mikedane

    Si Guest

    "mikedane" <> wrote in message
    > I've been having problems with my mobile phone, everyday from lunchtime to
    > about 10pm I can't receive calls. It started about 6 weeks ago and
    > gotten much worse in the last few days. Vodafone have done everything
    > possible to pretend that there is no network problem, although they now
    > concede that a high number of calls are being "dropped". But they still
    > don't fix the problem.
    >
    > Anyway thats the whinge. This is the puzzling bit. A Vodafone adviser
    > said to me, regarding the reception problem, "I'm not being funny or
    > anything, but is your house lined with lead, this happens sometimes".
    > The more I think about it the weirder it sounds. Are there many reasons
    > why people line their houses with lead?

    So why didn't you tell him you stood outside? If it was everyone in a
    particular area they would have had a few more complaints. Maybe either no
    one is calling you and you're less important than you like to think you
    are - or people lied and said they couldn't get through as they hate you!
    Si, Mar 1, 2007
  5. mikedane

    mikedane Guest

    "Si" <> wrote in message

    > "mikedane" <> wrote in message
    >> I've been having problems with my mobile phone, everyday from lunchtime
    >> to about 10pm I can't receive calls. It started about 6 weeks ago and
    >> gotten much worse in the last few days. Vodafone have done everything
    >> possible to pretend that there is no network problem, although they now
    >> concede that a high number of calls are being "dropped". But they still
    >> don't fix the problem.
    >>
    >> Anyway thats the whinge. This is the puzzling bit. A Vodafone adviser
    >> said to me, regarding the reception problem, "I'm not being funny or
    >> anything, but is your house lined with lead, this happens sometimes". The
    >> more I think about it the weirder it sounds. Are there many reasons why
    >> people line their houses with lead?
    >>

    > So why didn't you tell him you stood outside? If it was everyone in a
    > particular area they would have had a few more complaints. Maybe either
    > no one is calling you and you're less important than you like to think
    > you are - or people lied and said they couldn't get through as they hate
    > you!
    >
    >I think it might be lots of people having this problem. Instead of the
    >phone ringing you get a text message

    from Vodafones "Call Catcher" service, telling you that you have missed a
    call, and giving you the number of the phone thats called you. I think a lot
    of people might be assuming that they hav'nt heard their phone ring. After
    3 visits to my local Vodafone shop and about 8 calls to the 191 Vodafone
    support number I am informed that it appears that more than 10% of calls in
    my area are "hanging", whatever that means.
    mikedane, Mar 1, 2007
  6. mikedane wrote:

    >I think it might be lots of people having this problem. Instead of the
    >phone ringing you get a text message
    > from Vodafones "Call Catcher" service, telling you that you have missed a
    > call, and giving you the number of the phone thats called you. I think a
    > lot
    > of people might be assuming that they hav'nt heard their phone ring.
    > After 3 visits to my local Vodafone shop and about 8 calls to the 191
    > Vodafone support number I am informed that it appears that more than 10%
    > of calls in my area are "hanging", whatever that means.

    Ah ... that's a rather common issue with cellphones. Either there were no
    more free "channels" on the transmitter your phone got assigned to, at the
    time you were receiving the call, or you changed the "line for incoming
    calls" on your device.
    Walter Mautner, Mar 2, 2007