    provide little to no training for their retail staff. Something has
    to change~

    CM

    CM, Feb 17, 2007

  2. CM

    Rob Guest

    "CM" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone else noticed that Vodafone's service is up to crap? I work
    > for 'New Zealand's number one Vodafone dealer' (no need to mention the
    > specific name) and when we ring Channel Support we can never get a
    > straight answer. Most times when I ring up to get technical support I
    > spend the best part of 20 minutes on hold (totally unacceptable) then
    > when you do speak to someone they are TOTALLY of no help at all. Most
    > times they tell you to go to a Vodafone store- the problem with that
    > is "mate I WORK in a Vodafone store!" And the information that we
    > should know as retailers we don't, due to the fact that Vodafone
    > provide little to no training for their retail staff. Something has
    > to change~
    >

    > CM
    >\

    And that has what to do with computers?

    Rob, Feb 17, 2007

  3. Dianthus Mimulus, Feb 17, 2007
  4. CM

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On 17 Feb 2007 01:11:36 -0800, "CM" <> exclaimed:

    >Has anyone else noticed that Vodafone's service is up to crap? I work
    >for 'New Zealand's number one Vodafone dealer' (no need to mention the
    >specific name) and when we ring Channel Support we can never get a
    >straight answer. Most times when I ring up to get technical support I
    >spend the best part of 20 minutes on hold (totally unacceptable) then
    >when you do speak to someone they are TOTALLY of no help at all. Most
    >times they tell you to go to a Vodafone store- the problem with that
    >is "mate I WORK in a Vodafone store!" And the information that we
    >should know as retailers we don't, due to the fact that Vodafone
    >provide little to no training for their retail staff. Something has
    >to change~

    Yup, agree 100%. All dealings I've had with them over the last year,
    both as an individual and in business dealings, has been totally crap.

    --
    Stupidest Comment of the Year Award:

    "People should take responsibility for their actions"

    - (Leftist) Matty F (7/1/2007), when explaining it was actually the quadbiker's fault that he was brutally murdered by Graeme Burton. According to Matty F, it was his fault that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...

    Fred Dagg, Feb 17, 2007
  5. CM

    joe_90 Guest

    CM wrote:
    > Has anyone else noticed that Vodafone's service is up to crap? I work
    > for 'New Zealand's number one Vodafone dealer' (no need to mention the
    > specific name) and when we ring Channel Support we can never get a
    > straight answer. Most times when I ring up to get technical support I
    > spend the best part of 20 minutes on hold (totally unacceptable) then
    > when you do speak to someone they are TOTALLY of no help at all. Most
    > times they tell you to go to a Vodafone store- the problem with that
    > is "mate I WORK in a Vodafone store!" And the information that we
    > should know as retailers we don't, due to the fact that Vodafone
    > provide little to no training for their retail staff. Something has
    > to change~

    I was in your store on Saturday morning and it was heaving. I could only
    see three staff, although there may have been more at the back of the
    shop. The poor guy I eventually spoke to at the checkout (for all of
    about 2 minutes) was rushed off his feet. The noise and congestion made
    it very difficult for us both as I needed to explain important details
    regarding a subtle fault with some PC memory I was returning.

    How you guys find the time to spend 20 minutes on the phone is beyond me.

    joe_90, Feb 17, 2007
  6. CM

    CM Guest

    On 18 Feb, 11:59, joe_90 <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com> wrote:
    > CM wrote:
    > > Has anyone else noticed that Vodafone's service is up to crap? I work
    > > for 'New Zealand's number one Vodafone dealer' (no need to mention the
    > > specific name) and when we ring Channel Support we can never get a
    > > straight answer. Most times when I ring up to get technical support I
    > > spend the best part of 20 minutes on hold (totally unacceptable) then
    > > when you do speak to someone they are TOTALLY of no help at all. Most
    > > times they tell you to go to a Vodafone store- the problem with that
    > > is "mate I WORK in a Vodafone store!" And the information that we
    > > should know as retailers we don't, due to the fact that Vodafone
    > > provide little to no training for their retail staff. Something has
    > > to change~

    > I was in your store on Saturday morning and it was heaving. I could only
    > see three staff, although there may have been more at the back of the
    > shop. The poor guy I eventually spoke to at the checkout (for all of
    > about 2 minutes) was rushed off his feet. The noise and congestion made
    > it very difficult for us both as I needed to explain important details
    > regarding a subtle fault with some PC memory I was returning.
    >
    > How you guys find the time to spend 20 minutes on the phone is beyond me.

    Which store in particular?

    CM, Feb 18, 2007
  7. CM

    CM Guest

    On 17 Feb, 22:52, "Rob" <> wrote:
    > "CM" <> wrote in message

    > > Has anyone else noticed that Vodafone's service is up to crap? I work
    > > for 'New Zealand's number one Vodafone dealer' (no need to mention the
    > > specific name) and when we ring Channel Support we can never get a
    > > straight answer. Most times when I ring up to get technical support I
    > > spend the best part of 20 minutes on hold (totally unacceptable) then
    > > when you do speak to someone they are TOTALLY of no help at all. Most
    > > times they tell you to go to a Vodafone store- the problem with that
    > > is "mate I WORK in a Vodafone store!" And the information that we
    > > should know as retailers we don't, due to the fact that Vodafone
    > > provide little to no training for their retail staff. Something has
    > > to change~

    > > CM
    > >\

    > And that has what to do with computers?

    You fool- telecommunications, computers...see the link?

    CM, Feb 18, 2007
  8. CM

    Alan Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in news:1171705662.136210@ftpsrv1:

    > "CM" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone else noticed that Vodafone's service is up to crap?

    Well no, since you ask.

    I was in a vodaphone store in Johnsonville on saturday. I got
    excellent service from a polite, efficient and knowledgable young
    man. I'd recommend the store to anyone. In my experience, vodaphone's
    service has always been excellent.

    --
    -Alan Robson

    Alan, Feb 18, 2007
  9. CM

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <Xns98DC12867CCD9triffidparadisenetnz@203.97.37.6>,
    Alan <> wrote:

    > "Rob" <> wrote in news:1171705662.136210@ftpsrv1:
    >

    > > "CM" <> wrote in message
    > >> Has anyone else noticed that Vodafone's service is up to crap?

    > Well no, since you ask.
    >
    > I was in a vodaphone store in Johnsonville on saturday. I got
    > excellent service from a polite, efficient and knowledgable young
    > man. I'd recommend the store to anyone. In my experience, vodaphone's
    > service has always been excellent.

    Well my experience is VERY different.

    My handicapped child had his phone stolen at school, we rung ti a few
    times and even the mother of the theif told us to **** off, so off to
    the police who tried to no avail.

    With the police report, copy of phone purchase etc we went to vodaphone
    and had the phone disabled.

    My son was then given and old phone and we bought a new pre pay pack for
    it and me thinking it would make life easy asked if he could get his old
    number back.... not a problem says the vodaphone rep who makes the
    change right there and then.

    And this is where it all goes to hell.

    My son misplaced the phone...we found it a couple of weeks later where
    he then says he can't send any txts, I then tried to put money of the
    phone via the bank and could not so back into the vodaphone store where
    we buy $20 and the person at the store puts it on.

    Couple of days later the phone will not send txts, I try all sorts of
    things. Turns out the phone has been locked. We try to unlock it but
    can't, I call vodaphone who asks me the pin number.... none of the ones
    we would use work, no idea why.

    I go back into the store with the original police report, the new prepay
    pack, etc etc, ie all the information that was requested by vodaphone to
    lock the old phone PERMANENTLY.... and guess what, that information,
    proof of purchace etc is NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH. Because there were no
    txts ever sent on the new card we could not use that information.

    So Vodaphone effective has $55 of mine and will get to keep 100% of it
    for free because there will be no more money added to it so it all
    eventually goes to them. However the did say I could buy a new prepay
    pack and get the phone working again.

    WTF, its the prepay that is important not the phone ???

    So... he now has a Telecom phone, and my next phone change will be going
    that way too.

    whoisthis, Feb 18, 2007
  10. CM

    Vista Guest

    "CM" <> wrote in message
    > On 17 Feb, 22:52, "Rob" <> wrote:
    >> "CM" <> wrote in message

    >> > Has anyone else noticed that Vodafone's service is up to crap? I work
    >> > for 'New Zealand's number one Vodafone dealer' (no need to mention the
    >> > specific name) and when we ring Channel Support we can never get a
    >> > straight answer. Most times when I ring up to get technical support I
    >> > spend the best part of 20 minutes on hold (totally unacceptable) then
    >> > when you do speak to someone they are TOTALLY of no help at all. Most
    >> > times they tell you to go to a Vodafone store- the problem with that
    >> > is "mate I WORK in a Vodafone store!" And the information that we
    >> > should know as retailers we don't, due to the fact that Vodafone
    >> > provide little to no training for their retail staff. Something has
    >> > to change~

    >> > CM
    >> >\

    >> And that has what to do with computers?

    > You fool- telecommunications, computers...see the link?

    Maybe nz.tech then. But if you are calling people fools, maybe they know who
    you are and a intentionally being difficult. That attitude never gets you
    anywhere.

    Vista, Feb 18, 2007
  11. CM

    Vista Guest

    "Dianthus Mimulus" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 22:52:20 +1300, Rob wrote:
    >
    >> And that has what to do with computers?

    > A cellphone has a CPU in it.
    >

    > --
    > Dianthus Mimulus
    >
    > Microsoft's business practises exposed in court:
    > http://www.maxframe.com/DR/Info/fullstory/dsprgmnt.html#_Toc447960918

    So does my fridge, and my car, infact lots of things have CPUs in them.
    nz.general, or nz.tech would pobably be better avenue.

    Vista, Feb 18, 2007
  12. CM

    Vista Guest

    "CM" <> wrote in message
    > On 17 Feb, 22:52, "Rob" <> wrote:
    >> "CM" <> wrote in message

    >> > Has anyone else noticed that Vodafone's service is up to crap? I work
    >> > for 'New Zealand's number one Vodafone dealer' (no need to mention the
    >> > specific name) and when we ring Channel Support we can never get a
    >> > straight answer. Most times when I ring up to get technical support I
    >> > spend the best part of 20 minutes on hold (totally unacceptable) then
    >> > when you do speak to someone they are TOTALLY of no help at all. Most
    >> > times they tell you to go to a Vodafone store- the problem with that
    >> > is "mate I WORK in a Vodafone store!" And the information that we
    >> > should know as retailers we don't, due to the fact that Vodafone
    >> > provide little to no training for their retail staff. Something has
    >> > to change~

    >> > CM
    >> >\

    >> And that has what to do with computers?

    > You fool- telecommunications, computers...see the link?

    Also isn't it unprofessional for you to be complaining about one of your
    partners publically. Wouldn't you best to be making a compliant to their
    head office, or your boss about the problems. You could always change to
    selling telecom phones. I have always found telecoms suport pretty good,
    unlike vf.

    Vista, Feb 18, 2007
  13. CM

    joe_90 Guest

    CM wrote:
    > Which store in particular?

    Blenheim.

    How many stores do you work at? :)

    joe_90, Feb 19, 2007
  14. CM

    CM Guest

    On Feb 19, 12:19 pm, "Vista" <> wrote:
    > "CM" <> wrote in message

    > > On 17 Feb, 22:52, "Rob" <> wrote:
    > >> "CM" <> wrote in message

    > >> And that has what to do with computers?

    > > You fool- telecommunications, computers...see the link?

    > Also isn't it unprofessional for you to be complaining about one of your
    > partners publically. Wouldn't you best to be making a compliant to their
    > head office, or your boss about the problems. You could always change to
    > selling telecom phones. I have always found telecoms suport pretty good,
    > unlike vf.- Hide quoted text -

    Unprofessional, yes. And there will be an official complaint to VF
    head office don't worry.

    CM, Feb 19, 2007
  15. CM

    CM Guest

    On Feb 18, 11:59 am, joe_90 <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com>
    wrote:
    > CM wrote:
    > > Has anyone else noticed that Vodafone's service is up to crap? I work
    > > for 'New Zealand's number one Vodafone dealer' (no need to mention the
    > > specific name) and when we ring Channel Support we can never get a
    > > straight answer. Most times when I ring up to get technical support I
    > > spend the best part of 20 minutes on hold (totally unacceptable) then
    > > when you do speak to someone they are TOTALLY of no help at all. Most
    > > times they tell you to go to a Vodafone store- the problem with that
    > > is "mate I WORK in a Vodafone store!" And the information that we
    > > should know as retailers we don't, due to the fact that Vodafone
    > > provide little to no training for their retail staff. Something has
    > > to change~

    > I was in your store on Saturday morning and it was heaving. I could only
    > see three staff, although there may have been more at the back of the
    > shop. The poor guy I eventually spoke to at the checkout (for all of
    > about 2 minutes) was rushed off his feet. The noise and congestion made
    > it very difficult for us both as I needed to explain important details
    > regarding a subtle fault with some PC memory I was returning.
    >
    > How you guys find the time to spend 20 minutes on the phone is beyond me.

    What you people as customers sometimes fail to realise is that good
    customer sevice sometimes takes alot of time. If I have to stay on
    the phone (for example) for 20 minutes to satisfy one person at the
    inconvenience of others, while it may be less than ideal is worthwhile
    and moreover necessary.

    CM.

    CM, Feb 19, 2007
  16. CM

    Earl Grey Guest

    CM wrote:

    > What you people as customers sometimes fail to realise is that good
    > customer sevice sometimes takes alot of time. If I have to stay on
    > the phone (for example) for 20 minutes to satisfy one person at the
    > inconvenience of others, while it may be less than ideal is worthwhile
    > and moreover necessary.
    >
    > CM.

    You are actually a Telecom stooge aren't you ?

    Earl Grey, Feb 19, 2007
  17. Dianthus Mimulus, Feb 19, 2007
  18. CM

    joe_90 Guest

    CM wrote:
    > On Feb 18, 11:59 am, joe_90 <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >> CM wrote:
    >>> Has anyone else noticed that Vodafone's service is up to crap? I work
    >>> for 'New Zealand's number one Vodafone dealer' (no need to mention the
    >>> specific name) and when we ring Channel Support we can never get a
    >>> straight answer. Most times when I ring up to get technical support I
    >>> spend the best part of 20 minutes on hold (totally unacceptable) then
    >>> when you do speak to someone they are TOTALLY of no help at all. Most
    >>> times they tell you to go to a Vodafone store- the problem with that
    >>> is "mate I WORK in a Vodafone store!" And the information that we
    >>> should know as retailers we don't, due to the fact that Vodafone
    >>> provide little to no training for their retail staff. Something has
    >>> to change~

    >> I was in your store on Saturday morning and it was heaving. I could only
    >> see three staff, although there may have been more at the back of the
    >> shop. The poor guy I eventually spoke to at the checkout (for all of
    >> about 2 minutes) was rushed off his feet. The noise and congestion made
    >> it very difficult for us both as I needed to explain important details
    >> regarding a subtle fault with some PC memory I was returning.
    >>
    >> How you guys find the time to spend 20 minutes on the phone is beyond me.

    > What you people as customers sometimes fail to realise is that good
    > customer sevice sometimes takes alot of time. If I have to stay on
    > the phone (for example) for 20 minutes to satisfy one person at the
    > inconvenience of others, while it may be less than ideal is worthwhile
    > and moreover necessary.

    Interesting that you should take my comment as criticism as I was
    actually sympathising with the apparent staff to workload ratio that you
    guys have to contend with. Granted it was a Saturday morning and
    probably your busiest time of the week, but surely this is precisely
    when management should schedule a decent number of staff to be on duty.

    Actually, now that you mention customer service, it is pretty poor to
    have to wait in a queue at the checkout while some poor sod is trying to
    have a conversation about a returned item. You might consider suggesting
    to your management that they set aside a small area, somewhere
    relatively quiet at the back of the store ideally, where customers can
    go for this type of service. I realise this idea is probably not viable
    given the pressure on display space, but a compromise solution might be
    to stipulate only one of the checkouts for enquiries so that the other
    can act like an 'express lane' for people that just want to pay for
    their goods and leave.

    Other than queueing at the checkout, the only option you have for
    customer service is to 'hover' around a sales person in the store and
    try to grab their attention when they become free, which is very much a
    hit or miss type operation as you have no idea how long it will take for
    the salesperson to become free (as in your example of VF).

    joe_90, Feb 19, 2007
  19. CM

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <>, lid says...
    > On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:17:40 +1300, Vista wrote:
    >
    > > So does my fridge, and my car, infact lots of things have CPUs in them.
    > > nz.general, or nz.tech would pobably be better avenue.

    > Who reads NZ.TECH?

    Thank **** not you apparantly.

    bazz

    bAZZ, Feb 19, 2007
  20. CM

    Jason Rumney Guest

    On 17 Feb, 09:11, "CM" <> wrote:
    > I work for 'New Zealand's number one Vodafone dealer'

    Not for much longer.

    Number one rule of business: don't slag off your suppliers or
    customers in a public forum, unless you want to lose them.

    Jason Rumney, Feb 22, 2007