    the suite under XP64 but (suprise suprise) the VOB drivers dont work under
    the OS.

    Anyone know if they have released newer drivers supporting XP64?

    Ash Ridley, Sep 8, 2005

  2. Ash Ridley

    PJB Guest

    Probably not and no 32 bit drivers will work with 64 bit software to my
    knowledge.
    In fact it could cause a few problems if it did install.
    Check Pinnacles website or send them an email, that way they will become
    aware of the interest by 64 bit users.

    Peter Banks
    Wellington, NZ

    PJB, Sep 8, 2005

  3. Ash Ridley

    Rick Guest

    The advise Bobby gave you on Panasonic (below) is applicable here, too.
    Except you should contact Pinnacle instead of Panasonic.

    Rick, Sep 8, 2005
  4. Ash Ridley

    Ash Ridley Guest

    Well I emailed Pinnacle, and this is what they said

    The Studio/instant software are not compatible with Microsoft Windows XP x64
    edition. However, you can use it with Windows XP(Home/Professional)32 bit.

    So looks like Pinnacle send their PR staff on the "tell them that they
    already know" course, while skillfully avoiding stating if they plan to
    support 64 bit in the future - looks like I'll need to avoid Pinnacle OEM
    bundled hardware in future......

    Ash Ridley, Sep 12, 2005
  5. Ash Ridley

    Ash Ridley Guest

    I've since asked Pinnacle if they are planning to support XP 64......

    Pinnacle engineers are working for the new patch/driver but we will not
    confirm the date/time

    Ash Ridley, Sep 14, 2005