    successfully?

    I am ignorant as can be of this whole DVD thing.

    Thank you for your assistance.

    FiarHors, Dec 24, 2007

  2. FiarHors wrote:

    > I have two folders containing .vob files that make up one video. The
    > .files are named VTS_01-1.VOB, -2.VOB, -3.VOB and -4.VOB in both folders.
    >
    > Can I rename the files in the second folder as follows: VTS_02_1.VOB,
    > VTS_02_2.VOB, etc. and then place them in the first folder and burn them
    > successfully?

    No, FiarHors,

    Because the index entries in the .ifo file won't point to them.
    If you are authoring a DVD to play on a "normal DVD player" it is best
    to join them all together into one long file (with any name you wish)
    and get the authoring program sort out the names, folders and

    Someone else will recommend a suitable program if you state your
    Operating System.

    (This is Christmas Eve, I am a Christian priest and my world is about
    to fill up with other things !!)

    Best wishes,
    }David

    David Catterall, Dec 24, 2007

  3. FiarHors

    FiarHors Guest

    David Catterall wrote:
    > FiarHors wrote:
    >
    >> I have two folders containing .vob files that make up one video. The
    >> .files are named VTS_01-1.VOB, -2.VOB, -3.VOB and -4.VOB in both folders.
    >>
    >> Can I rename the files in the second folder as follows: VTS_02_1.VOB,
    >> VTS_02_2.VOB, etc. and then place them in the first folder and burn
    >> them successfully?

    > No, FiarHors,
    >
    > Because the index entries in the .ifo file won't point to them.
    > If you are authoring a DVD to play on a "normal DVD player" it is best
    > to join them all together into one long file (with any name you wish)
    > and get the authoring program sort out the names, folders and
    >
    > Someone else will recommend a suitable program if you state your
    > Operating System.
    >
    > (This is Christmas Eve, I am a Christian priest and my world is about
    > to fill up with other things !!)
    >
    > Best wishes,
    > }David

    My apologies to you. Upon further investigation the two folders are,
    indeed, two different videos.

    FiarHors, Dec 24, 2007