Vo-IP ATA adapter required - recommendations please

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Tony, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. Tony

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Tony wrote:
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    >> You don't need to do a factory reset (see my other post). A normal
    >> reset wouldn't re-enable web access anyway.

    > Ivor, I didn't enter a password for the admin, I just selected 'No
    > access from the web' What is the password likely to be?

    Unless you entered an admin password, I don't think there is one. What do
    you get when you enter the access code..?

    Ivor

    PS if your phone is working and you want to call me or have me call you,
    email me with a number.

    --
    Ivor

    (replace 'invalid' with 'com' in sending address to reply direct)
    Ivor Jones, Jun 28, 2005

  2. On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:44:51 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >You don't need to do a factory reset (see my other post). A normal reset
    >wouldn't re-enable web access anyway.

    is there a factory reset option, out of interest ?

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !
    Phil Thompson, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Tony

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Phil Thompson wrote:
    > On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:44:51 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> You don't need to do a factory reset (see my other post). A normal
    >> reset wouldn't re-enable web access anyway.

    > is there a factory reset option, out of interest ?
    >
    > Phil

    Yes. On the SPA2000 it's 73738 (spells RESET on keypad). Enter 1 to
    confirm or * to cancel.

    Note that NO PASSWORD is required and the unit will lose ALL settings..!
    Use with CARE..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 29, 2005
  4. Tony

    Al Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:12:04 +0100, Dave Gill wrote:

    >gumusluk <> wrote:
    >
    >> If you buy the 1001 and update the software you can use two different
    >> providers. I have voipbuster and Sipgate on mine and both are OK.

    >There's currently a 1001 on eBay. The "buy-it-now" price is about what
    >you would pay for a new one less the VAT.

    Why would you want to buy this product when you can get the Linksys
    PAP2 at nearly half the price?
    Al, Jun 30, 2005
  5. "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Al wrote:
    >> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:16:12 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>
    >>> You can't. For that you would need an ATA with two ports such as
    >>> the SPA2000. The 1001 merely allows you to use a single phone for
    >>> two "lines" - each will ring with a different ring and you select
    >>> which line you want to dial out on by entering a code.

    >> So what happens if you're in the middle of a call and there's an
    >> incoming call on the other line?

    > I have no idea. I assume you would get call waiting bleeps or something
    > and there would be a code sequence to put one call on hold. I've never
    > used this particular unit so I don't know for sure.

    Certainly the SPA-3000 gives you call waiting bleeps if you are on a SIP
    call and the PSTN line rings (or vice-versa), soI imagine the 1001 will do
    similar for its two SIP "lines".

    --
    Thomas Sandford
    Thomas Sandford, Jun 30, 2005
  6. Tony

    Dave Gill Guest

    Al <> wrote:

    > Why would you want to buy this product when you can get the Linksys
    > PAP2 at nearly half the price?

    Don't Vonage offer a (locked) version of that ATA? I've only seen one
    UK outlet selling the unlocked version.

    I'd like to see a few people raving about its features and reliability
    before I bought one. It may be related to Sipura kit, but that doesn't
    necessarily mean it will be as good.

    Dave Gill, Jun 30, 2005