    I have seen a few version around, but not sure which is the best.

    Thanks

    TEX
    TEX, Jan 21, 2004

  2. TEX

    Simon Guest

    Never used vnc, but radmin rocks and its dead simple to setup and use.
    Its pretty fast for me connecting from a 512/128k DSL in Australia to a
    server on a Jetstream connection in NZ.

    Simon, Jan 21, 2004

  3. TEX

    Brett Mason Guest

    TEX wrote:
    > Have been using tightVNC for a few years now. Choose this particular
    > distribution due to it's speed and compression over the standard VNC. I
    > have read that radmin is a heckof alot faster than any version of VNC.
    > Has anyone use both and compared??
    >
    > I know VNC = free, radmin = cheap in comparison to other alternatives,
    > but is radmin any better?? I always thought pc anywhere was had the same
    > speed as VNC, and was never worth the $$$ unless you needed the dialup
    > support.
    >
    > Also any recommended versions of VNC that support NTLM authentication??
    > I have seen a few version around, but not sure which is the best.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > TEX

    UltraVNC (http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/) might be worth a look. I'm
    told it uses some special windows hooks to make it much faster than
    other implementations.

    Brett.
    Brett Mason, Jan 21, 2004
  4. TEX

    Allistar Guest

    TEX wrote:

    > Have been using tightVNC for a few years now. Choose this particular
    > distribution due to it's speed and compression over the standard VNC. I
    > have read that radmin is a heckof alot faster than any version of VNC.
    > Has anyone use both and compared??
    >
    > I know VNC = free, radmin = cheap in comparison to other alternatives,
    > but is radmin any better?? I always thought pc anywhere was had the same
    > speed as VNC, and was never worth the $$$ unless you needed the dialup
    > support.
    >
    > Also any recommended versions of VNC that support NTLM authentication??
    > I have seen a few version around, but not sure which is the best.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > TEX

    This doesn't answer your question but is indirectly related. Recently I have
    started to use (quite a bit) remote X from my work computer (Mandrake 9.1)
    to my home computer (same OS). Using it I can run applications on my home
    PC from work, and have the display appear at work. Each application gets it
    own window, so it appears very much like it is running on the local PC.
    Performance is very good (512kb/s on one side, 128kb/s on the other). It is
    dead easy to setup and use, I would recommend to anyone needing that
    capability.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Jan 22, 2004
  5. TEX

    AD. Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:09:53 +1300, Allistar wrote:

    > This doesn't answer your question but is indirectly related. Recently I
    > have started to use (quite a bit) remote X from my work computer (Mandrake
    > 9.1) to my home computer (same OS). Using it I can run applications on my
    > home PC from work, and have the display appear at work. Each application
    > gets it own window, so it appears very much like it is running on the
    > local PC. Performance is very good (512kb/s on one side, 128kb/s on the
    > other). It is dead easy to setup and use, I would recommend to anyone
    > needing that capability.

    And kids, don't try this at home without ssh supervision :)

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Jan 22, 2004
  6. TEX

    Enkidu Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:26:25 +1300, "AD." <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:09:53 +1300, Allistar wrote:
    >
    >> This doesn't answer your question but is indirectly related. Recently I
    >> have started to use (quite a bit) remote X from my work computer (Mandrake
    >> 9.1) to my home computer (same OS). Using it I can run applications on my
    >> home PC from work, and have the display appear at work. Each application
    >> gets it own window, so it appears very much like it is running on the
    >> local PC. Performance is very good (512kb/s on one side, 128kb/s on the
    >> other). It is dead easy to setup and use, I would recommend to anyone
    >> needing that capability.

    >And kids, don't try this at home without ssh supervision :)

    Beat em to it!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.
    Enkidu, Jan 22, 2004
  7. TEX

    Ian Boag Guest

    Don't forget Remote-Anything. Works through firewalls and routers as
    well. My standard party trick (with a willing slave user at the other
    end) is to start driving their PC (on the back of a router and
    firewall and with no external IP address) in about two minutes from
    when we start talikng.

    Ian Boag, Jan 23, 2004