VMware Workstation 6.0 Beta available with Vista host support

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dominic Payer, Dec 22, 2006.

  1. Dominic Payer, Dec 22, 2006

  2. Dominic Payer

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Used it to sync my new Palm Tungsten E2, a Christmas gift I received that
    doesn't have any 64-bit drivers avaialble. :p

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Dec 26, 2006

  3. Dominic Payer

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 20:39:46 -0600, "Aaron Kelley"
    <> wrote:

    >Used it to sync my new Palm Tungsten E2, a Christmas gift I received that
    >doesn't have any 64-bit drivers avaialble. :p

    Ahhh yes, Palm. I have been bugging them on and on, asking for 64-bit
    drivers, but I think my mails are automatically deleted by now :))
    The standard response was "no drivers in development".
    It will make your gift a nice expensive pocket calculator :-D But you can't
    use it for serious work, as you can't back-up your stuff.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Dec 26, 2006
  4. Dominic Payer

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Well, the biggest thing for me is the calendar, and I'm syncing against an
    Exchange server so it doesn't matter to me if I have to do it in a VM or
    not. :p
    Also, installing applications is easy enough.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Dec 26, 2006
  5. Dominic Payer

    Graham Guest

    Jud Hendrix wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 20:39:46 -0600, "Aaron Kelley"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Used it to sync my new Palm Tungsten E2, a Christmas gift I received that
    >> doesn't have any 64-bit drivers avaialble. :p

    > Ahhh yes, Palm. I have been bugging them on and on, asking for 64-bit
    > drivers, but I think my mails are automatically deleted by now :))
    > The standard response was "no drivers in development".
    > It will make your gift a nice expensive pocket calculator :-D But you can't
    > use it for serious work, as you can't back-up your stuff.

    I've got a T|X, and after initially setting it up on x64 using
    Bluetooth, I now sync it using wi-fi. Palm of course don't support this
    any more than, say Apple supports iTunes on x64, but it works. I think
    the E2 is either Bluetooth or wi-fi capable with an SDIO card, so you
    can probably make it work.

    Graham.
    Graham, Dec 26, 2006