    functions.

    TIA

    El Chippy

    El Chippy, Apr 16, 2007

  2. El Chippy

    El Chippy Guest

    On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:42:21 +1200, Shane wrote:

    > http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/
    >
    > At a *guess* you want to send a stream of data to VMWare, and you want
    > VMWare to recognise that stream is meant for <guest> and is to be
    > interpreted as coming from the KB/Mouse

    Sounds exactly like what i want to do. now just to figure out the details.

    > Programming API
    > http://www.vmware.com/download/server/ The Programming API allows users
    > to write scripts and programs to automate virtual machine test and
    > development operations. The API is high-level, easy to use, and
    > practical for both scripters and application programmers. The
    > Programming API is packaged with VMware Server.
    >

    > http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/scripting-API/doc/Scripting_API.pdf

    How did i miss this before.. this should keep me out of mischief for a bit.

    Thank you muchly Shane.

    El Chippy, Apr 16, 2007

  3. El Chippy

    Allistar Guest

    El Chippy wrote:

    > How easy is it to write a program on the host OS (probably linux in
    > this case) that can feed data thru to an app running in the virtual
    > (Windows) machine? Links to relevant sites would be great
    >
    > It needs to think the data has come from keyboard and mouse.
    > Its an oddball program that appears not to understand cut'n'paste or other
    > common windows conventions. And not having source or enough knowledge to
    > reverse engineer the app leaves me looking at this option to automate a
    > few functions.
    >

    > TIA
    >
    > El Chippy

    You could write an app running on the quest that communicates with the host
    (and vice-versa) using TCP/IP. The app on the guest could then fire
    keypress events at the particular window you need the text to be entered
    into. Should be fairly straight forward with a bit of C++ code, assuming
    the means of finding the particular window handle is well defined.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Apr 16, 2007
  4. El Chippy

    Shane Guest