    Seems an easy way to allow a friend to let his staff do whatever porn
    related browsing on the work computer without trashing it with all sorts
    of viruses etc like they manage to do so.
    Richard, Sep 23, 2008

  2. Richard

    None Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Is there any way to get a vista machine to have 2 users showing on the
    > login screen, one working as normal, and the other when clicked (no
    > password) logs in and then starts up vmware player with the disposable
    > image running in it fullscreen and no way to switch out other then to
    > choose the powerdown options in it?
    >
    > Seems an easy way to allow a friend to let his staff do whatever porn
    > related browsing on the work computer without trashing it with all sorts
    > of viruses etc like they manage to do so.

    To make VMWare Player run, you could try to change 'Shell' in

    You can log off from the command prompt using "shutdown" and the "/l"
    option, so perhaps you could try running running a batch file as the
    shell (I have no idea if this works), that starts VMWare, then calls
    "shutdown", so when he exists VMWare, the user would log off
    automatically. Easy to get around with minimal Windows knowledge, but
    I'm sure there are other settings you could use to further restrict what
    your users can do.

    If you can hide the command prompt and Task Manager, most people would
    be completely lost and unable to do anything too naughty. I work in IT,
    and most people I work with are lost when it comes to the command prompt.
    None, Sep 23, 2008