    Or RRAS just understand routing entry from other router(like cisco) in
    the format of CIDR or VLSM?

    Please help~
    IT Chan, Oct 17, 2004

  2. IT Chan

    Kurt Guest

    Where precisely are you having the problem? I assume you're planning on
    using the W2K box as a router? You can assign static routes complete with
    network/mask to provide any CIDR masking you may want. You can also add
    static routes via the command line. Windows understands RIPv2 and will
    accept and advertise CIDR routes. You will have to specify any routes with
    the classic subnet mask notation rather than CIDR notation (i.e.
    255.255.255.248 rather than /29), but you can provide subnetted or
    supernetted networks without a problem.

    ....kurt

    Kurt, Oct 17, 2004

  3. IT Chan

    IT Chan Guest

    Yes you are right!

    I have to use VLSM, Subnetting and CIDR address in one subnet. The remote
    router really can summarize the route in its routing table after rip version 2
    exchange,

    Just make sure that you enable "summarize routes" in the options of rip,
    otherwise VLSM won't work : )

    Thank for your help!

    IT Chan, Oct 22, 2004