VLANS on PIX 515 with a 2924XL

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jo Knight, Oct 1, 2004.

  1. Jo Knight

    Jo Knight Guest

    Hello,

    I am looking to configure an interface on my PIX 515 (6.3.3)to support
    VLANs. Currently I am using all 3 physical interfaces and need to add
    an extra 2 (logical) for a total of 5. I am using a 515-R so I
    understand that the maximum interface count (physical plus logical) is
    5.

    I will have the following VLANs coming off of the current 'dmz'
    interface:

    DMZ Physical VLAN
    WEB-DMZ Logical VLAN
    DATA-DMZ Logical VLAN

    How secure are VLANs on PIX? I will be using a 2924XL switch to host
    the VLANs and was wondering how bad an idea it would be to host the
    'DATA-DMZ' and 'WEB-DMZ' on the same switch.

    Has anyone done something similar to this?

    Many thanks,
    Jo

    Jo Knight, Oct 1, 2004