VLANs between CISCO Catalyst 5000 and 3com Superstack 3 Switch 4900

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by hofmar@gmail.com, Feb 1, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    i've a problem with a CISCO Catalyst 5000. I define in the Catalyst and
    the Superstack some VLANs. Now when a transmit a paket from 3com to
    cisco all works okay. After these paket the direction from cisco to
    3com works to. Inside the cisco the CAM table has all entries and the
    MAC table inside the 3com is also okay.

    When the first packet was transmit from the cisco to the 3com, it
    doesn't received the 3com. Any broadcast pakets from the cisco to the
    3com are also lost.

    Between the cisco and the 3com is a untagged thrunk. With the default
    VLAN 1 all works fine.

    The "show thunk" give out:

    > * - indicates vtp domain mismatch
    > Port Mode Encapsulation Status Native vlan
    > -------- ----------- ------------- ------------ -----------
    > 1/1 nonegotiate dot1q trunking 1
    >
    > Port Vlans allowed on trunk
    > -------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    > 1/1 1-2
    >
    > Port Vlans allowed and active in management domain
    > -------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    > 1/1 1-2
    >
    > Port Vlans in spanning tree forwarding state and not pruned
    > -------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    > 1/1 1

    What's wrong? Why stand at the last point "Vlans in spanning tree
    forwarding state and not pruned" only VLAN 1? Is that okay?

    Greetings from Germany

    Martin
    , Feb 1, 2006

  2. Guest

    hi martin,

    try going into DUBUGGING MODE on both equipment
    you should have some lead

    stef.novo

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > i've a problem with a CISCO Catalyst 5000. I define in the Catalyst and
    > the Superstack some VLANs. Now when a transmit a paket from 3com to
    > cisco all works okay. After these paket the direction from cisco to
    > 3com works to. Inside the cisco the CAM table has all entries and the
    > MAC table inside the 3com is also okay.
    >
    > When the first packet was transmit from the cisco to the 3com, it
    > doesn't received the 3com. Any broadcast pakets from the cisco to the
    > 3com are also lost.
    >
    > Between the cisco and the 3com is a untagged thrunk. With the default
    > VLAN 1 all works fine.
    >
    > The "show thunk" give out:
    >
    > > * - indicates vtp domain mismatch
    > > Port Mode Encapsulation Status Native vlan
    > > -------- ----------- ------------- ------------ -----------
    > > 1/1 nonegotiate dot1q trunking 1
    > >
    > > Port Vlans allowed on trunk
    > > -------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    > > 1/1 1-2
    > >
    > > Port Vlans allowed and active in management domain
    > > 1/1 1-2
    > >
    > > Port Vlans in spanning tree forwarding state and not pruned
    > > 1/1 1

    > What's wrong? Why stand at the last point "Vlans in spanning tree
    > forwarding state and not pruned" only VLAN 1? Is that okay?
    >
    > Greetings from Germany
    >
    > Martin
    , Feb 1, 2006