    Is it possible to tunnel vlans through access link (untagged frames).

    Is QinQ possible solution?

    Any information is helpful.
    AL, Dec 3, 2008

  2. AL

    bod43 Guest

    On 3 Dec, 18:51, "AL" <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > Situation is as follows;
    >
    > I have access link, it's not possible to convert it to trunk and terminal
    > equipment is Cisco Catalyst 3560 and/or Cisco ME3400.
    >
    > Is it possible to tunnel vlans through access link (untagged frames).
    >
    > Is QinQ possible solution?
    >
    > Any information is helpful.

    QinQ won't help you across a non-trunk link.

    I suggest that you research the xconnect command
    I dont know (and suspect that it is not) if your platform
    will support this technology.
    bod43, Dec 3, 2008

  3. AL

    andu

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Do you have an intermediate equipment that drops .1Q frames?
    If you have one equipment on that link that needs to see a vlan and does not understand .1q you can use tha native encapsulation for that vlan and q for the rest.
    andu, Dec 5, 2008