    My question is basically "Huh?" What type of problem is this. In every 30 second period there is at least some time where the bits per second reaches 0. I presume it is flapping because of a STP problem. Is it possible I have a routing loop that STP isn't dealing with? What else should I be looking for?

    Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
    professorguy, Dec 4, 2006

  2. professorguy

    professorguy

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2006
    Messages:
    39
    Bad hub.

    Had a little 8-port SMC EZ-Hub (EZ5808DS) out on the floor which dropped its connection every ~30 seconds and then immediately re-negotiated.

    I threw that in the dumpster and replaced it with a Linksys 8-port switch (EZXS88W) and voila, normal traffic:

    [​IMG]

    Hardware is always the last thing I suspect, but in this case, $45 at Staples solved the problem.
    professorguy, Dec 5, 2006

  3. professorguy

    globalchicken

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2006
    Messages:
    37
    Location:
    Sacramento
    Thats good to know. So negotiation traffic spiked it that high? Thats nuts
    globalchicken, Dec 5, 2006