VLAN, switch, router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by serwan@gdzies.tam.na.il.pw.edu.pl, Nov 4, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I wonder if it will work as expected; any advice will
    be helpful

    Got:
    1 RJ45 in router (1750)
    24 RJ45 in switch (1900)

    I would like to provide two offices with with internet
    access basen on this equipment. My imagination is:

    - On router's port there will be 2 VLANs with different
    IP adressess (VLAN 10 - 192.168.10.1 and VLAN 20 -
    192.168.20.1)
    - On switch's ports one trunk port for VLAN 10&20, and
    one additional port configured for VLAN 10 and one for
    VLAN 20
    - Router would be connected with the switch via one
    cable and trunk port

    Goal to achieve is to provide both offices with
    separate networks & make impossible to use IP address
    assigned to office1 in office2 and vice versa.
    According to the above, in office1, having VLAN10 and IP
    range 192.168.10.0/24 will it be possible to use IP
    address from office2's pool? Idea is that all computers
    connected to switch port in VLAN10 should have IP
    addresses from range 192.168.10.0/24..

    Question is: if somebody would set up manually IP from
    pool 192.168.20.0/24 in the network connected to port
    in VLAN1 (on switch), will this machine be able to reach
    internet?

    Hopefully I was clear with explanation :) If not let me
    know please, will be more verbose.

    regards
    t.

    , Nov 4, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > Question is: if somebody would set up manually IP from
    > pool 192.168.20.0/24 in the network connected to port
    > in VLAN1 (on switch), will this machine be able to reach
    > internet?

    Nope.

    Regards

    Nicolaj Kamensek, Nov 4, 2006

  3. CK Guest

    > Question is: if somebody would set up manually IP from
    > pool 192.168.20.0/24 in the network connected to port
    > in VLAN1 (on switch), will this machine be able to reach
    > internet?

    No thsi is not possible with provided hardware.
    For this you need Switch with mac-address VLAN assignments.

    CK

    CK, Nov 4, 2006