VLAN routing and bridging problem on a c2600 usig IRB

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dinghy, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. dinghy

    dinghy

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    I've got a workstation that I want to connect to a remote host through two c2600 routers. The workstation knows its IP address and netmask only so I must use VLANs. I created a subinterface (fasteth 0/0.1) of the ethernet port and put it into a bridge-group. I also created a subinterface (ser 0/1.1) of the serial 1 but I can't put in into the same bridge group that the ethernet interface is in. The only serial port I can put into the group is the 0/1. It seems to me that it's impossible to bridge these two subinterfaces. The serial interface that I can bridge is the 0/1 only? I want to use the subinterfaces for VLANs but I want to keep the ser 0/1 as well. Is it possible? Here is the config:

    bridge irb
    !

    interface FastEthernet0/0
    ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 255.255.255.224
    speed 100
    full-duplex
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/0.1
    encapsulation dot1Q 32
    bridge-group 1
    !

    interface Serial0/1
    bandwidth 128
    ip address yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy 255.255.255.0
    bridge-group 1
    !
    interface Serial0/1.1
    ip address zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz 255.255.255.252
    !

    bridge 1 protocol ieee
    bridge 1 route ip
    !