    I don't know is this working or must I have a domain to use a vlan over more
    than one switch

    so long, tobi

    Tobias, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Tobias

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <ck36hs$cu1$03$-online.com>,
    says...
    > Hello together,
    >
    > I have 20 Cat Switches.
    > on 2 of them I need a vlan 2,
    > but I don't created a domain yet.
    >
    > My question:
    > Is it posible to config this 2 switsches to vtp transparent an creat "vlan
    > 2" manual on each switch.
    > I don't know is this working or must I have a domain to use a vlan over more
    > than one switch
    >
    > so long, tobi

    You can create vlan's using transparent mode. I think there should be a
    VTP domain created first, but default value should do ok. So, the only
    thing you need to do is to allow vlan's on trunk.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Oct 7, 2004

  3. Tobias

    Tobias Guest

    > You can create vlan's using transparent mode. I think there should be a
    > VTP domain created first, but default value should do ok. So, the only
    > thing you need to do is to allow vlan's on trunk.

    Thanks for your message,

    but I don't know

    if I have 2 switches.
    I create on each switch a VLAN2
    VTP transparent
    my gigabit port (for switch connection) ist in trunk mode

    is vlan2 on switch1 the same like vlan2 on switch2
    or can't a communication work like this

    so long..

    Tobias, Oct 7, 2004
  4. Tobias

    hari Guest

    Hi

    this URL could help you for the best

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c2900xl/29_35xu/scg/kivlan.htm

    hari

    hari, Oct 7, 2004
  5. Tobias

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <ck3han$it6$03$-online.com>,
    says...

    > > You can create vlan's using transparent mode. I think there should be a
    > > VTP domain created first, but default value should do ok. So, the only
    > > thing you need to do is to allow vlan's on trunk.
    > >

    > Thanks for your message,
    >
    > but I don't know
    >
    > if I have 2 switches.
    > I create on each switch a VLAN2
    > VTP transparent
    > my gigabit port (for switch connection) ist in trunk mode
    >

    > is vlan2 on switch1 the same like vlan2 on switch2
    > or can't a communication work like this
    >
    > so long..

    Yes, it is the "same" vlan since both have VLAN tag's 2 which are added
    to packets.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Oct 8, 2004