    together across that link. Using VRF-lite, GRE tunnels or whatever
    other technologies are available as a band-aid, is this possible?

    -Bob

    Rob, Dec 12, 2005

  2. Rob

    Steinar Haug Guest

    > We have an MPLS network and I want to tie two different VLAN's
    > together across that link. Using VRF-lite, GRE tunnels or whatever
    > other technologies are available as a band-aid, is this possible?

    If you already have an MPLS network, using one or more Martini tunnels
    is an obvious way to transport L2 traffic across the WAN. Note that it
    will be transported over MPLS, not over IP.

    Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting,

    Steinar Haug, Dec 12, 2005

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    MPLS is through our provider's IP network. We don't actually run any
    MPLS on our own routers. If that is still pertinent, I'll look it up.

    A VLAN might not be the exact requirement. I want to implement a
    guest wireless access "vlan" in all my offices, but they have central
    Internet access only through our corporate headquarters/data center.
    None of these branch offices have their own Internet (because that
    would be easy) and I need a way to make sure guest wireless doesn't
    run with our corporate internal network until it reaches the firewall
    at the datacenter.

    Rob, Dec 13, 2005
  4. Rob

    Merv Guest

    Create a GRE tunnel with the endpoint being on a router facing your
    firewall

    Policy route the guest VLAN traffic into the tunnel at both ends

    Merv, Dec 13, 2005
  5. Rob

    Guest

    I've done something like that with OpenVPN and then bridging the
    Virtual interface with the physical one.

    , Dec 14, 2005
  6. Rob

    Bob Guest

    Knowing that my guests will probably run their own VPN client, either
    IPSEC or GRE based, would that affect the design?

    Bob, Dec 14, 2005