vjn jion io CONTROL BREAK INTERNATIONAL is a Disreputable Company, DO NOT Patronize Them jm

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Anonymous Sender, Oct 4, 2004.

  1. koes i9 hcfi9 hi8u9crf hui9r i9sh ui9fwh ei9f hcios huioh fdioh ciodh
    io

    SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
    incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to
    the attention of the potential customer in a conspicuous manner
    prior to installation, but is difficult to find on their
    website. Use of Speed Disk after installation WILL result in
    complete data lose. The recovery tools (boot disk images)
    provided with the software package WILL NOT restore data after
    Speed Disk usage; the drives must be sent into the company for
    recovery and they will threaten to charge you a fee to recover.

    After heated email exchanges, I sent my perfectly working
    working drives to their address in Naples, Florida. Upon
    receipt of the drives, they claimed that the drives arrived
    broken. Interestingly, there was only a seven (7) minute delay
    from the delivery time reported by the USPS, by computer
    tracking label, and their email to me stating that the drives
    were broken. Obviously, that would have been insufficient time
    to even transport the drives to the workbench, let alone to
    unpack and test. The reader may draw his own conclusion.

    The company still refuses to send the drives for data recovery,
    a necessary step to retrieve the data from the now broken
    drives, so that they may decrypt the data and return to me.

    Some data on one drive was recovered, no data on broken drive
    was recovered. The data that was recovered was recovered
    without the use of my password since I intentionally never gave
    them a password after they requested it. I was concerned about
    the software being backdoored; you may now draw your own
    conclusions regarding this issue.

    I have found the company and its personnel very difficult to
    deal with; I have dealt with these individuals mostly:

    Mr. SIMON HUNT, CHIEF TECHNOLOGIST
    Mr. MARCO VERSTEIJNE, COMPANY SECRETARY

    I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS PRODUCTS.

    lkfnioh iouh ioah uioh ioeh uio iokrjh iokjmeiopg uer0
    nfie jio0cdh 89eiu f9io0h ui9w jdiovh 5e90urjwejo9pjiopj giopgej
    mclkjiopj sziof jei0fu ioj iopk ior h90ioej ope jopsj o
    mcioj io0 ei9 uio0wu fi0owe uoip
    Anonymous Sender, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Anonymous Sender

    PLONK Guest