    my dial-up connection. I can send someone a blank CD or DVD and $10 as
    payment for the favour. Plse email me if you can help out, the reply email
    address is a valid one. Thanks in advance. Cheers.
    Jules Winnfield, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Jules Winnfield

    Allistar Guest

    Jules Winnfield wrote:

    > Just wondering if anyone here has downloaded this freebie - in particular
    > the Visual Basic Express 2005 Beta 2.
    > http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/vbasic/default.aspx
    > I'm interested in giving it a spin but the 500MB+ download is a bit much
    > for my dial-up connection. I can send someone a blank CD or DVD and $10 as
    > payment for the favour. Plse email me if you can help out, the reply email
    > address is a valid one. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

    The download is only 2.7Mb, so I suspect it is an installer that then
    downloads the remainder of this package.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Jul 19, 2005

  3. Jules Winnfield

    Steve H Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:29:35 +1200, Jules Winnfield wrote:

    > Just wondering if anyone here has downloaded this freebie - in particular
    > the Visual Basic Express 2005 Beta 2.
    > http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/vbasic/default.aspx
    > I'm interested in giving it a spin but the 500MB+ download is a bit much for
    > my dial-up connection. I can send someone a blank CD or DVD and $10 as
    > payment for the favour. Plse email me if you can help out, the reply email
    > address is a valid one. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

    Ring Microsoft product support, and ask for a cd or two

    you may also want to try out Visual Studio 2005 b2 its a large install but
    does everything

    if all else fails email me at
    steven [dot] higgan [the@sigh] orcon [.] net [.] nz

    and we can arrange something (no payment required im downloading shit
    usually anyway, just may take a day or so)

    --------------------
    Steven H
    Steve H, Jul 20, 2005
  4. "Steve H" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:29:35 +1200, Jules Winnfield wrote:
    >
    >> Just wondering if anyone here has downloaded this freebie - in particular
    >> the Visual Basic Express 2005 Beta 2.
    >> http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/vbasic/default.aspx
    >> I'm interested in giving it a spin but the 500MB+ download is a bit much
    >> for
    >> my dial-up connection. I can send someone a blank CD or DVD and $10 as
    >> payment for the favour. Plse email me if you can help out, the reply
    >> email
    >> address is a valid one. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

    > Ring Microsoft product support, and ask for a cd or two
    >
    > you may also want to try out Visual Studio 2005 b2 its a large install but
    > does everything
    >
    > if all else fails email me at
    > steven [dot] higgan [the@sigh] orcon [.] net [.] nz
    >
    > and we can arrange something (no payment required im downloading shit
    > usually anyway, just may take a day or so)
    >
    > --------------------
    > Steven H

    Thanks for the offer Steven. I'll give Microsoft a call tomorrow and see how
    I get on. Cheers.
    Jules Winnfield, Jul 20, 2005
  5. Steve H wrote:
    > On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:29:35 +1200, Jules Winnfield wrote:
    >

    >>Just wondering if anyone here has downloaded this freebie - in particular
    >>the Visual Basic Express 2005 Beta 2.
    >>http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/vbasic/default.aspx
    >>I'm interested in giving it a spin but the 500MB+ download is a bit much for
    >>my dial-up connection. I can send someone a blank CD or DVD and $10 as
    >>payment for the favour. Plse email me if you can help out, the reply email
    >>address is a valid one. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

    > Ring Microsoft product support, and ask for a cd or two
    >
    > you may also want to try out Visual Studio 2005 b2 its a large install but
    > does everything

    Order online from Microsoft New Zealand
    http://www.microsoft.com/nz/evaluate/products/VS2005BETA2DVD.aspx and
    get the WeFly247 DVD too
    http://www.microsoft.com/nz/evaluate/products/WEFLY247DVD.aspx

    This DVD contains everything you need to know to build fully functional
    applications using Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and features recorded
    presentations, source code and step by step training labs in C# and VB on:

    Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2
    ..Net Framework
    Security
    Windows Forms