    anyone got any direction on this?

    thanks.

    G.

    Geoff Hirst, Jul 31, 2005

  2. You are doing this in a Administrator account? Persons reported VS 6 working
    under x64, so its strange for you to report it not working now. Probably
    their copy was integrated with SP6.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 1, 2005

  3. Geoff Hirst

    Geoff Hirst Guest

    "Andre Da Costa" <> wrote in message
    > You are doing this in a Administrator account? Persons reported VS 6
    > working under x64, so its strange for you to report it not working now.
    > Probably their copy was integrated with SP6.
    > --
    > Andre
    > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    > "Geoff Hirst" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> does anybody have any info on why the above won't install on x64? They
    >> sort of look like they are installing then you get a failure message
    >> pretty immediately.
    >>
    >> There is a reference to a KB article but it doesn't seem to exist.
    >>
    >> anyone got any direction on this?
    >>
    >> thanks.
    >>
    >> G.

    Hi Andre,

    VS6 itself is fine. It's the service packs that won't install. They come up
    with a warning dialog that state that there is a known compatibility issue
    with this version of Windows and might not run as expected. THere is a
    knowledgebase article but when you track to it, it's not there.

    thanks

    G.

    Geoff Hirst, Aug 1, 2005
  4. Geoff Hirst

    Randy Guest

    Are you saying you went ahead (and it let you) and installed despite the
    warning, or that there was no warning, and (regardless of which way it went)
    the install and subsequent work is successful (can we infer that last part)
    ?

    Can you give the brief rundown of your system hardware for comparison? My
    first thought was that the OP may have had an incompatibility in his system
    that caused his install problems...

    Randy, Aug 1, 2005
  5. Geoff Hirst

    Ted Guest

    My VB6 SP6 installed OK.

    Ted, Aug 1, 2005
  6. Geoff Hirst

    Ted Guest

    There was no warning, VB Enterprise and Vs6sp6.exe installed OK.
    I didn't install SP5.
    But remember that I installed VB6 and C++ only.

    Intel Motherboard D945PSN.
    Intel Dual Core 3.0 CPU
    1 GB RAM
    2 SATA hard drives using onboard SATA controller.
    ATI All In Wonder x600 pro Video Card.
    Additional to the onboard Gigabit network controller, I put
    another Intel Gigabit Network card.
    USR modem.
    I put the computer together, XP 64 installed without any problems,
    except the ATI card was tricky to install.

    Ted, Aug 1, 2005