Visual Studio 2005/.Net Framework 2.0 Certifications - Beta Offer

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Vishal R Joshi [MSFT], Feb 24, 2006.

  1. Visual Studio 2005/.Net Framework 2.0 Certifications - Beta Offer

    You can be a step closer to becoming "Microsoft Certified Professional
    Developer (MCPD)" with specialization in any of the below three tracks by
    taking a FREE Beta Exam.

    MCPD Web Developer
    MCPD Windows Developer
    MCPD Enterprise Application Developer

    And Also Win a Mobile Smartphone or a Wireless Keyboard!!
    Help us create great Microsoft Certification exams. Take the Beta version of
    Exams 70-547, 70-548, and/or 70-549 and you'll be automatically entered to
    win* one of two Windows Mobile Smartphones and one of 10 Microsoft Laser
    Desktop 6000 Keyboards.

    Only one entry per Beta exam, but if you take 2 different Betas you'll be
    entered 2 times, and if you take all 3 Betas you'll be entered 3 times.
    Microsoft employees and customers are eligible with a few restrictions - see
    below for all of the contest rules and regulations. Like the Beta Exams,
    this offer is not available in China, India, or Pakistan.

    And Also Earn a Free Exam Voucher
    In addition, everyone who takes and achieves passing score in the beta exam
    will receive a free exam voucher** for any Microsoft Certification Exam.
    Vouchers will be sent after exam scores are tabulated. This offer is also
    not available in China, India, or Pakistan.

    Exams Available Early
    Take the Betas starting February 21, 2006 at Pearson VUE locations, and
    starting February 27, 2006 at Thomson Prometric testing centers.

    Schedule your Beta exams today
    To register for this exam or for information about testing centers in your
    area, please visit the following Web sites for registration information:

    Thomson Prometric: http://securereg3.prometric.com/
    Pearson VUE: http://www.vue.com/ms/

    In the U.S./Canada you may also call to register for this exam or to find
    information about testing centers in your area:

    Thomson Prometric: (800) 755-EXAM (800-755-3926)
    Pearson VUE: 800 TEST Registration (800-837-8734)

    Use the following promotional codes to register:
    71-547 PRO: Designing and Developing Web-based Applications by Using the
    Microsoft® .NET Framework. Promo Code: PRO547
    71-548 PRO: Designing and Developing Windows®-based Applications by Using
    the Microsoft® .NET Framework. Promo Code: BTA548
    71-549 PRO: Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications by Using the
    Microsoft® .NET Framework. Promo Code: 549BTA

    * This sweepstakes invitation is for the Microsoft customers and employees,
    with some restrictions (see Official Rules below). Please forward to your
    colleagues, partners, and customers.

    ** Free exam voucher offer good only for people who pre-register for, and
    pass, Exams 71-547, 71-548, and 71-549. Limit one gift per person. This
    offer is non-transferable. This offer expires on March 12 2006, or when
    registration closes for this Beta exam. Beta exam registration has limited
    availability. This offer is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the
    sole responsibility of the recipient. Any gift returned as non-deliverable
    will not be re-sent.

    PS: We are looking for more and more technical feedback on the exams so feel
    free to reach out to your user groups and communities and let developers
    know of this opportunity. Although do note that each exam caps at 750 Beta
    participants so there is an official upper limit.

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    The Microsoft Certification Beta Exam Sweepstakes

    Official Rules
    Please Note: It is your sole responsibility to review and understand your
    employer's policies regarding your eligibility to participate in trade
    promotions such as this one. If you are participating in violation of your
    employer's policies, you may be disqualified from entering this sweepstakes
    or receiving prizes. Microsoft disclaims any and all liability or
    responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer
    related to this matter, and prizes will only be awarded in compliance with
    the employer's policies.

    Government Customer: This campaign is available to Public Sector customers
    (government and education customers), however, any prize won by a public
    sector employee will be awarded in the form of Microsoft certification exam
    vouchers. Microsoft intends that use of this training voucher offered as
    part of this promotion comply with applicable federal, state, and local
    government gift and ethics rules. If you are a government employee
    (including an employee of a public education institution), this voucher may
    be used solely for the benefit of your agency/institution, and not for the
    personal use or benefit of any individual. You should consult with your
    agency/institution counsel or ethics officer prior to use or acceptance of
    this voucher.

    1. Eligibility / Entry Period:
    Open only to persons employed in the field of software development who have
    agreed to participate in the Microsoft beta exam program.

    This offer is not transferable and is not open to the general public. This
    offer is void in the following regions: Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea,
    Sudan and Syria. This offer is not available in China, Pakistan and India.
    Employees of Microsoft, their affiliates, subsidiaries, and anyone working
    on this product, project, or promotion, and the advertising and promotional
    agencies and the immediate family members of each are not eligible. The
    sweepstakes opens at 12:01 AM PT on February 21, 2006 and ends at 11:59 PM
    PT on March 12, 2006. Void where prohibited by law.

    2. How To Enter:
    No purchase Necessary. Enter by completing the free beta exams 71-547,
    71-548, and 71-549 at a participating testing center and opt-in to enter
    this sweepstakes. To be eligible for the prize drawing, exams must be
    completed by 11:59 PM PT on March 12, 2006. A passing score is not required
    to receive a sweepstakes entry; however the beta exam must be completed in
    full to be eligible for the drawing.

    Limit one (1) entry per person per beta exam, for a total of 3 possible
    entries. Subsequent entries from the same individual will be automatically
    disqualified. No responsibility is assumed by Microsoft for lost, late,
    misdirected, illegible, postage due or mutilated entries or any computer,
    online telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries
    become the property of Microsoft and will not be returned.

    3. Winner Selection/Deadline Dates:
    On or around April 15, 2006, 12 winners will be chosen in a random drawing
    from among all eligible entries received to win one of the following prizes:

    Two winners: One (1) Windows Mobile Smartphone device. Estimated Retail
    Value US$500.
    Ten winners: One (1) Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 keyboard. Estimated Retail
    Value US$65.

    Actual retail value will vary based on the region where the winner resides,
    and any difference between estimated and actual value will not be awarded.
    Any prize won by a public sector employee will be awarded to their
    agency/institution in the form of Microsoft certification exam vouchers; the
    value not to exceed the estimated retail value of the alternate prizes.
    Random drawing will be conducted under the supervision of Microsoft, whose
    decisions are final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible
    entries received. All other expenses relating to the acceptance of the
    prize, which are not explicitly listed, are the responsibility of the
    winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer, or
    assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to
    substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize
    is unavailable. Taxes on the prizes are solely the responsibility of the
    winner.

    5. General Conditions:
    Sweepstakes entrants agree to abide by the terms of these official rules and
    by the decisions of Microsoft which are final and binding on all matters
    pertaining to this Sweepstakes. This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of
    the State of Washington in the United States of America, and participants in
    the Sweepstakes hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of
    Washington courts (state and federal) for any causes or controversies
    arising out of the Sweepstakes.

    Winner will be notified within seven (7) days after the drawing date. Winner
    will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and
    liability/publicity release within seven (7) days following the date of
    attempted notification. Non compliance within this time period may result in
    disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/
    prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and
    selection of an alternate winner. Entrants further grant to Microsoft the
    right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print in
    any other media in connection with the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of a prize
    constitutes permission for Microsoft to use winner's names and likenesses
    for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation
    unless prohibited by law. By entering, participants release and hold
    harmless Microsoft, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates,
    directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or any
    injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this
    Sweepstakes or any prize won.

    6. Winners List:
    The names of the winners will be available after April 15, 2006, by sending
    email to .

    8. Sponsor:
    This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way,
    Redmond, WA 98052.
    Rules do apply...

    wishes
    Vishal R Joshi
    Product Planner - Technical |Developer/Database Certifications, Microsoft.
    PS: For more information available at
    http://vishaljoshi.blogspot.com/2006/02/net-framework-20-certifications-beta.html

    This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights.

    Vishal R Joshi [MSFT], Feb 24, 2006

  2. Vishal R Joshi [MSFT]

    Jarod R. Guest

    sweet!