Visual C#, Unable to intall my program on other computers

Discussion in 'Software' started by uzair, Dec 22, 2008.

  1. uzair

    uzair

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Pakistan
    I have developed a program using Visual C# in windows vista. It runs fine on my computer.But when I try to install it on other computer having XP it displays an error message. Error details are here:-
    ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [12/21/2008 7:58:06 PM] System.ArgumentException
    - Value does not fall within the expected range.
    - Source: mscorlib
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAppId.EnumAppPath()
    at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifests(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ActivationDescription.ToActivationContext()
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

    I had also installed .net framework 2.0 and windows intaller 3.0 manually.

    Please help me. I will be really thankful to you.:saint:
    uzair, Dec 22, 2008

  2. uzair

    aliusmankhan

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    1. on which .net version u developed it?
    aliusmankhan, Dec 24, 2008